Director, People & Culture CommsSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0017992 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
Founded in 1995 in San Jose, California, eBay is one of the world’s largest and most vibrant marketplaces for discovering great value and unique selection. Our portfolio includes our Marketplace, StubHub and Classifieds platforms. Collectively, we connect millions of buyers and sellers around the world, creating economic opportunity and empowering people to improve their lives.
eBay’s Global Communications Team is seeking a standout Director of People and Culture Communications to design and deliver high impact, strategic communications that forge eBay’s reputation as an employer of choice and a great place to work, learn and advance your career.
This iconic brand is reinventing itself from the inside out, building a culture that embodies what matters most to eBay’s success – one that is courageous, driven, inventive and richly diverse.
Employee communications is a strategically important business driver for eBay. We recognize the power of having truly engaged employees and that’s why we are looking for the world’s best creative storytellers and communication architects to join us. You are an inspiring leader and seasoned employee communications professional with experience influencing partners and leading change in a fast-paced environment.
The role requires a broad range of communications, project management and people skills -- the ability to be strategic, yet also execute; the ability to collaborate effectively with key internal and external partners; and a strong desire to learn about industry trends and implement best practices. You will be highly creative, analytical and social media savvy, with a passion for building innovative global programs and tools that drive employee engagement in authentic ways.
You will bring significant experience of partnering effectively with HR to develop our employee value proposition and support global change initiatives, as well as a deep understanding of diversity and inclusion and how to use communications vehicles to help create a more inclusive workplace.
This role reports to the Vice President of Global Employee Communications.
- Work with partners in HR, Global Communications and Brand to develop, communicate and embed eBay’s employee value proposition.
- Create an integrated narrative and roadmap that clearly communicates the link between business, culture and our people strategies.
- Build communications and engagement strategies for critical communications and initiatives: coaching, performance success, leadership effectiveness, talent engagement, diversity and inclusion, career development, compensation, HR shared services, and more.
- Execute flawlessly and drive significant and measurable results for strategic initiatives and day-to-day communications programs.
- Provide strategic program and communications counsel to key executive partners including eBay’s Chief People Officer.
- Lead employee communications within the global HR organization liaising with head of HR operations and Chief People Officer.
- Build relationships across HR, cross-functional partners and all lines of business to help inform, shape and design communications plans and activities.
- Use feedback, data and insights to inform/adjust communications planning and messaging.
- Tell compelling stories through a variety of channels including face-to-face forums, online and digital (presentations, articles, video, all-hands meetings etc.).
- Regularly communicate and collaborate broadly across the eBay Global Communication team including with external communications and our business unit communications teams.
- Collaborate with and manage external vendors/agencies.
Professional Skills & Competencies:
- 12+ years of communications experience in roles that have driven significant change and positive perceptions of companies, products and services.
- Excellent verbal presentation skills and the ability to coach others on their communications skills.
- Outstanding writing skills with a special ability to cut through with a succinct, modern communication style, tailoring communications to specific audiences, channels and executive voices.
- Highly developed change management experience including complex change, and building a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Strong business insight and understanding of HR and human capital strategies.
- Practiced capacity to manage complex projects with multiple partners navigating various perspectives and developing consensus.
- Passionate brand advocate working with the eBay brand team and other internal partners to advance eBay’s employee value proposition and brand advocacy.
- Ability to drive employee communications through traditional and social media channels.
- Ability to collaborate at all levels within an international, multi-cultural environment.
- Experience managing and participating in project teams in a matrixed environment and as an individual contributor.
- Active user of eBay.
- Professional style and manner – gravitas, executive presence and credibility.
- Fast learner with strategic instincts to thrive in a fast pace workplace.
- Can work independently and collaboratively with minimal supervision.
- Creative, dedicated and enthusiastic - willing to take smart risks and lead initiatives with confidence.
- Attention to detail, highly organized and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Effective teammate who thrives in a collaborative setting and works well within a global, matrixed environment.
- Resilience, speed and poise under pressure.
- Compassion, high emotional intelligence as well as cultural sensitivity.
- Leads inclusively, tapping into the diversity of talent, thoughts and ideas of colleagues.
- Diplomatic, with the antennae to sense, and manage, organizational and cultural sensitivities.
- Good sense of humor.
Experience & Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field – e.g. communications, marketing, journalism.
- Experience of employee communications for global consumer brands is advantageous. Large company, retail, ecommerce or tech industry experience is a plus.
View our accessibility infoR0017992
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or long term unemployment circumstances. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.