Director, Technical Program ManagementSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0033927 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a company where you can shape how the world buys, sells, and gives? Where you’ll be supported in challenging convention, taking risks, and innovating? Where you’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago? Where you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact? If so, we’d love to talk to you.
About the team:
Core Product Technology (CPT) is a global team responsible for the end-to-end eBay product experience and technology platform. In addition, we are working on the strategy and execution of our payments initiative, transforming payments management on our Marketplace platform which will significantly improve the overall customer experience.
Structured Data is the engine powering the transformation and differentiation of our commerce experience. Teams in Structure Data design and handle systems powered by machine learning and artificial intelligence with unique scale and complexity to ultimately bring to life personalized commerce experiences tailored to each eBay user’s needs, interests and passions. With more than one billion items from new, to nearly new to used listed at eBay, our mission is to create most powerful buying and selling platform with most relevance to our users.
The Structured Data organization consists of a diverse set of experts in the fields of machine learning, taxonomy, computer vision etc. And engineers that have a consistent track record of building large scale services. Technical Program Managers in Structure Data lead planning, organizing and streamlining the execution of the multitude of programs happening inside Structure Data but also span across other product areas.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Takes active part in building long term strategic planning of Structure Data domain
- Leads a high performing team of Technical Program Managers
- Drive best practices for technical program management and establish governance of these practices
- Guides TPMs to lead large-scale, cross domain programs to achieve desired goals and outcomes
- Collaborate closely with Engineering, Product Management and Operations leadership to improve effectiveness, risk & issue mitigation and alignment across teams
- Ensure effective communication and transparency of information with key stakeholders and executives
- Provide executive visibility of program and functional level status, issues and risks
- Drive annual planning of Structure Data domain in cohort with company level planning
- Facilitate quarterly release planning with functional leaders according to Agile framework
- Support teams to adopt and apply best Agile practices
- 10+ years of professional related work experience
- BS degree in Engineering, MS or MBA is preferred.
- Experience in Agile Project Management is required
- Proven ability to organize and manage diverse, highly complex projects/programs and ensure effective collaboration and communication across business and technology stakeholders and multiple geographies
- Strong business expertise, keen understanding of business needs, and ability to ensure technical solutions, strategies, practices, and governance deliver business and customer value
- Highly effective communication and negotiation skills in all mediums and throughout all levels of the organization
- Experience with various software development methodologies including the agile development methodologies
- Successful track record of delivering on agreed upon business objectives and performance on key metrics
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: