Finance & Strategy ManagerSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0021963 Subsidiary eBay Classifieds Group
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
LOCATION: Amsterdam, Netherlands
THE COMPANY: eBay Classifieds Group
The eBay Classifieds Group is an innovative global leader in online classifieds, with brands that span the globe. Our sites help people find whatever they are looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. We have eleven brands that span the globe offering online classifieds in more than 1,000 cities around the world.
The eBay Classifieds Group is always looking for high-energy, self-motivated, committed individuals who are passionate about their work. Our team members enjoy a challenging environment that places the highest value on innovation, accountability and playing to win. Our culture is based on open and honest communication, respect for other points of view and a spirit of fun.
Please visit our website www.ebayclassifiedsgroup.com for more information.
THE BUSINESS UNIT: North West Europe (“NWE") and Commercial
The North West Europe (“NWE") business unit includes Gumtree in the UK, Gumtree in Australia, Kijiji and Automobile.it in Italy and Bilbasen & DBA in Denmark. In addition, Commercial encompasses all onsite monetization for eCG with a current focus on advertising.
This unique role draws on FP&A, analytics and strategy. The role will have frequent interaction with (i) the CFO, COO and General Manager of NWE (ii) the country CFOs and finance teams, (iv) the Central Commercial Analytics team, (v) the Advertising Center of Excellence and (vi) eCG Corporate FP&A. This role will lead aspects of financial planning, provide financial and strategic insights and will work closely with the NWE leadership team as well as the eCG Advertising Center of Excellence to help grow and develop the business.
- Lead financial planning, forecasting and reporting for eCG Advertising
- Directly manage, mentor and coach the finance team in Italy
- Partner with NWE finance teams to understand performance and validate forecasts
- Consolidate weekly and monthly financials with commentary on results and key drivers
- Ensure reporting requirements to eCG are met in a timely and accurate manner
- Drive FP&A process improvement (including reporting and forecasting)
- Coordinate and support month-end close, forecast and budgeting processes
- Support planning and reviews (quarterly ops reviews, 3-year plan, annual budget, etc.)
Strategy & Analytics
- Support long-term financial and strategic planning
- Analyze drivers of performance and deliver key insights
- Ad hoc strategic projects that contribute to the NWE and Commercial strategies
- Support M&A projects including financial modelling and discounted cash flow analysis
- 5 - 10 years of experience ideally from FP&A, investment banking and/or strategy consulting
- MBA preferred (Bachelor's degree or equivalent required)
- People management experience
- Excellent excel and financial modelling skills
- Strong Powerpoint skills and ability to craft presentations for executives
- Proven record of exceptional performance at all professional and educational career stages
- High energy and a desire to work in a results oriented, dynamic and high growth environment
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to develop strong professional relationships and to influence others
- Natural interest or experience in classifieds, e-commerce, and/or advertising
- Willingness and ability to work during periods with high workloads
- Ability to travel globally
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: