Frontend Software Engineer
San Jose, California
This is an opportunity to build a visible impact in an eBay growth business, to use your extensive talents to develop new features that promote enthusiastic engagement in our large and growing base of automotive sellers and buyers. Fronted technical expertise, curiosity, dedication, pride, respect, collaboration and proven communication skills are what we’re looking for. You will be expected to work in a dynamic Agile environment with a talented group of peers and be able to estimate projects and deliver them on time.
- Design, develop and test major features for the Motor / Vehicle Vertical at eBay
- Deliver excellent customer experiences in a way that builds stabilized businesses
- Close collaboration and alignment with all relevant eBay departments and partners across the business within a dynamic, success-oriented culture
- Estimate engineering effort, plan execution cycles, and roll out system changes
- Strong communication skills with the ability to drive issue resolution and root cause identification with the various teams
- Take end-to-end product and features ownership from design to implementation to post production support
- Knowledge of cross-browser, cross-platform, and design constraints on the web.
- Familiarity with SEO
- Knowledge of Windows and UNIX development environment, source code management and bug tracking
- Experience in developing high performance, highly scalable, database driven consumer web applications
- Experience with agile development methodologies such as Test Driven Development (TDD) is a plus
- You should be enthusiastic, focused, detailed and organized
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills, verbal and written social skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic, iterative development environment
- Tackle challenges of fixing browser-specific problems and site speed issues.
- Must be able to independently design, code and test major features, as well as work jointly with other team members to deliver complex changes
- Take end-to-end product and features ownership from design to implementation, including the responsibilities for code roll-out and responding to customer issues.
- Provide technical leadership and mentor junior members of the team.
- Follow best practices in software design and implementation.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
At eBay Buyer Experience team, the drive for a faster and sleeker pages constantly inspires me. The fact that my work touches millions of users everyday in one way or the other and to learn what affects a person’s decision to make that purchase brings a sense of fulfillment.–Dileep, Staff Software Engineer
Everyday, I get a chance to work with smart and dedicated people to build the best shopping experience for our customers. Because so many people use eBay, I am proud that my work is impacting people in a positive way.–Steve, Full Stack Software Engineer
Everyday I work with people passionate to deliver great experiences for millions of buyers and sellers. It brings me great joy knowing that the features I work on greatly impact the lives of people from around the world, from all walks of life.–Andrew, Software Engineer
We do things different, the hack way, the happy way. And we celebrate the best way. We are the pirates of eBay!–Shakul, Software Development Manager
eBay gives me the freedom to challenge the status quo. This creates a unique adrenaline rush that pushes all boundaries and paradigms and helps bring out new ideas that ultimately redefine e-commerce shopping experience. If you love such challenges, you'll love work at eBay.–Sriharsha, Software Engineer
What makes a successful Software Developer at eBay? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Medical, Dental,Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, Employee Stock Purchase Program
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
Paid Time Off
16+ Days of Paid Time Off, Paid Maternity leave, Paid Paternity Leave, 11 Paid Holidays
Onsite Gym/Fitness Center
Sabbatical, 4 paid weeks every 5 years