Global Marketing Finance ManagerSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0034016
The Global Marketing Finance Manager is a member of the Central Markets Finance team, reporting to the Global Marketing Finance Director.
This role with be the most senior US-based member of Global Marketing Finance, requiring interactions with senior stakeholders, the ability to work independently, and excellent communication across geographies.
Core responsibilities include:
1. Collate, evaluate and present scenarios for increasing, decreasing and reallocating marketing investments, across global markets and all marketing channels:
- Design and run the process for collection of invest and cut options for Marketing -- through the monthly M-Cycle, and ad-hoc as required -- interfacing with local Finance/Analytics teams and Global Growth Analytics
- Critically evaluate options collected, and build scenarios for spend changes (up/down/reallocate), optimizing against multiple, potentially conflicting, business objectives (dGMB/iGMB/iAB/iRev, and others)
- Partner with local Finance and Analytics teams to standardize collation and presentation of options and their underlying metrics to enable more accurate trade-offs and decision-making
2. Model the impact of Marketing investments on overall business performance, and track changes to this performance over time
- Build and refine central models to estimate the impact of different types of marketing investment on key business metrics (GMB/GMV/AB/Rev/Traffic, and others), and illustrate how that's changing: over time and between forecast cycles
- Partner with Local Finance and Analytics teams to understand differences in local estimates, both between markets and vs. central models. Challenge teams on their methodologies and assumptions, driving towards standarization where practical
- Partner with Global Growth through their monthly forecast and investment council processes to ensure consistent articulation of key factors influencing performance in Global Growth channels (spend/product/competitive pressure)
- Communicate Marketing performance outcomes and drivers to key internal audiences: Markets CFO, FP&A, MLT, Corp & Investor Relations, via creation of slideware and in-person presentation
3. Finance Business Partner for Global Growth non-working spend
- US-based point-of-contact for headcount and other non-working Global Growth spend, partnering with Global Growth Leadership Team
- Manage Genpact resource to deliver accurate financial submissions through month-end-close and forecast
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: