Group Product ManagerSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0027840 Subsidiary eBay
Domain Expert Risk and Fraud Management
- Help define the product vision and strategy for Risk management for buyer and sellers and describe how the product will serve the needs of eBay’s genuine users in the global marketplace as against the ones disguising the original ownership of items thereby threatening eBay’s reputation as a secure marketplace to do business.
- Represent Risk as a product domain to partners, cross-functional product managers, and executives. Interface across eBay as one of the experts on Risk and Fraud, its platforms and related products.
- Be the product champion who provides end-to-end view of Risk products and architecture to help simply communication of the value thereof to multiple audiences including product/business community & executives.
- Manage Buyer/Seller Payments Risk and Fraud metrics, coordinating across various product lines working with fellow product managers and the engineering/analytics teams to help build dashboards that measure product performance and help with RFIs and Audits.
- Evaluate risk and compliance vendor solutions and 3rd party data providers for augmenting risk scores generated from eBay internal data.
- Strategy: Lead Risk product strategy and help with overall program execution for Seller, Buyer and Payments Risk.
- Influence: Ensure product strategy buy-in across business policy team. Be sought after for opinions outside product domain. Challenge executive feedback with compelling arguments. Drive adoption of best practices across Marketplaces.
- Problem Solving: Identify and help remove obstacles. Bring structure and definition to ambiguous challenges. Make trade-off decisions that are trusted by the cross-functional Risk and Trust product and business teams.
- Intangibles: Make difficult decisions with resolve. Be the culture champion who inspires. Exercise good judgment on where to spend time for the highest ROI. Encourage others to take personal accountability for product quality.
- Team Management: Actively mentor and informally lead cross-functional team members.
- Synthesis: While building product strategy, identify trade-off decision points between specific regions or customer segments including sellers/buyers, C2C/B2C, etc.
- Advocacy: Represent eBay customers passionately in trade-off decisions across domains. Take responsibility for ensuring customer focus within the cross-functional team.
- Ship quality products and launch them to market with rollout plans, training, core messaging.
- Product Strategy: Lead the development of a multi-year global product strategy for Risk that is in line with business goals and wider corporate goals as a whole.
- Product Marketing: Plan product launches considering the overall Risk and Payments product roadmap, showcase launches with bankable data while working closely with business and analytics counterparts.
- Drive Results: Identify potential business differentiators within Risk domain. Influence the wider business strategy and objectives for Risk. Achieve expected business results on highly-complex or strategic programs with Marketplaces-wide impact. Also help the organization learn from failures.
- Discovery: Create ‘innovative’ cross-domain solutions.. Actively solicit and curate ideas from multiple sources including partners, stakeholders and customers. Ensure that the best ideas happen. Be aware of when an idea may justify a patent application.
- Requirements: Discover and address customer problems/feature gaps among eBay-wide domains. Manage a backlog of requirements with information around dependencies on multiple Risk, Fraud and Payments domains.
- Analysis: Create conclusive/bankable hypotheses and design experiments. Skilled in cross-domain modeling, problem solving, analysis and reporting. Apply SWOT analysis to product features.
- Act as a "marchitect" that rolls out a building blocks level end to end view of Customer Connection Risk, Fraud and Payments products and architecture to help simply the communication of the value thereof to multiple audiences including product/business community & executives.
- Domain Knowledge: Expert in Risk, Fraud and Payments domains. Make high quality swag estimates with or without engineering involvement.
- Engineering Design: Contribute to technical design and challenge Engineering to find innovative and less expensive solutions.
- Product Quality: Champion quality and recognize repeated failure points, driving preventative solutions.
Planning & Project Management
- Project/Program: Manage multiple complex programs on Risk, Fraud and Payments roadmap. Set internal and external expectations clearly. Manage critical timelines and escalations. Help PM directs in project planning.
- Software Dev. Lifecycle: Identify risks and mitigation plans with development and quality engineering leads. Plan for roll-back and business contingencies.
- Planning: Lead planning for medium-term timeframes. Manage a roadmap with multiple programs or sub-domains. Maintain the planning discipline for Limits and Buyer, guiding PM directs.
- Serve as the arbiter of quality, decision maker around trade-offs between features, resources, and time.
- Create and maintain an ongoing product roadmap and backlog.
Communication & Global Partnership
- Writing: Write clearly and effectively for partners, stakeholders and executives. Be appropriately succinct, providing the amount of detail necessary.
- Speaking/Presenting: Communicate easily from business, technical and customer perspectives. Present effectively to senior audiences, adjusting to audience reactions and feedback.
- Global Collaboration: Take responsibility for positive morale on the cross-functional team. Resolve cross-organizational conflict without escalation. Leverage expertise in product triad roles to develop new ways of working. Collaborate effectively with all partners.
- Build positive relationship and trust with all product through continuous engagement, on-time delivery, high quality, continuous innovation, and effective communication
- 10+ years of Product Management experience with 5+ as a Lead
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Team player attitude, partnering, and collaboration skills
- Excellent communication skills
- MBA is preferred.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: