KYC and Product Compliance ManagerSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0028569
Do you want to be a member of an elite compliance team operating eBay's Anti Money Laundering / Counter Terrorist Financing (AML CTF) program? At eBay, we see Compliance as a service to our business teams and our customers, and we get excited about innovation and collaboration.
The Global AML Compliance team crafts, drives and supports pillars of eBay's risk-based AML program from a policy, KYC, risk, product, technology, and testing perspective.
This position will manage Know Your Customer and Product Compliance while reporting to the Global Head of AML Program Management. You will serve as the AML Compliance point of contact supporting business verticals, inventing simple compliance solutions and controls to support the launch and growth of payments and other products.
The Product Compliance team works cross-functionally to create Compliance strategies that facilitate the launch and growth of eBay products globally. These products are finding creative solutions to hard problems.
eBay is looking for a Product Compliance Manager to help drive the creativity and inventiveness of our product verticals, while providing subject matter expertise, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements. You will be responsible for ensuring that we properly assess compliance needs; design and implement applicable policies, procedures and controls; and construct internal infrastructure to build success. You will work closely with payments, verticals, regional, operations, and legal teams to provide advice, risk mitigation controls, and requirements for new product development, geographical expansion and changes to existing products.
What will you be responsible for?
- You would provide KYC control and AML risk mitigation solutions and requirements to partners at the enterprise, country, system, product, and vertical level
- Advise cross-functional teams and create Compliance programs to facilitate products and initiatives across all product lines and markets
- Design go-to market strategy to fulfill applicable compliance obligations for all services
- Build a tactical roadmap and set objectives that align with product launches
- Communicate applicable risks, costs, progress, and results to all relevant internal and external partners
- Evaluate partnership requirements and advocate for eBay’s best interests
- Design all relevant program documentation, content, and processes
- Remain up-to-date on regulatory changes and landscape, best practices and cutting-edge developments
- You will provide guidance to payments business and product partners relating to the AML risk, development of controls and solutions for critical business processes to mitigate AML compliance risk
- Drive the integration of compliance requirements end to end working into SOPs and applicable policies working with operations, customer service (GCX), risk, product and engineering teams
- Provide business and engineering with guidance related to new/revised product development, processes or other initiatives
- Prepare periodic reports summarizing the business and product AML risk and control environment
- Manage compliance requirements and UAT on production and compliance systems to ensure KYC data and process integrity
- Develop and drive a global KYC strategy, including ID verification, CIP, and PEP, via global minimum standards and working with local and regional teams to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Continually identify, redefine and execute solutions for KYC needs across systems, teams, policies and processes
- Lead resolution of KYC issues in support of business, customers, operations, and customer support partners
- Designs and execute reports to measure success and performance of AML Compliance initiatives, program, operations, critical metrics and KRIs
- Other duties as assigned
What experiences will you needtosucceed?
- 6-8 years of experience in FinTech, ecommerce, RegTech, or financial services
- Passion for collaborating with high energy and focus, getting results across multiple projects in a fast paced, changing environment
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, ability to translate concepts into clear steps and communicate to technical and non-technical partners at all levels
- Demonstrate strong and effective leadership and relationship building skills and ability to operate comfortably within a complex cultural, global environment
- Ability to multitask effortlessly and handle challenging priorities under demanding deadlines
- Experience in a regulated payments or Compliance environment
- Strong proficiency in SQL, Excel (e.g. pivot tables and vlookups), Word, PowerPoint, Invision, Visio
- Bachelor/Master’s Degree
- Ability to understand larger picture and environment while operating in focused manner
- Forward-thinking spirit and drive
- Outstanding time management and interpersonal skills
- Accountability and humility
- Familiarity with AML regulations globally, including USA Patriot and Bank Secrecy Act
- Certification in compliance related area, such as CAMS
- Knowledge in core KYC products, related tools, and money laundering typologies
- Comfortable in agile environment
- Project management skills
eBay is the world’s leading online marketplace for the trade of goods and services by a diverse community of individuals and businesses. Across the globe, eBay boasts of over 250 million registered buyers and sellers. At any given time, more than 70 million items are listed for sale on 39 international eBay sites across the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: