Legal Counsel, MarketingSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0015635 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
eBay Inc.’s Innovative Legal Department is looking for a business-focused attorney to join our Marketing Legal Team, based in San Jose, California. In this role, you will provide legal support and guidance to eBay’s North America Marketing, Global Growth and PR teams, which are focused on innovating marketing solutions to increase user engagement in our dynamic consumer-facing ecommerce space. In this role, you will work closely with eBay’s business units, reviewing marketing collateral and counseling on consumer protection, intellectual property issues and drafting and negotiating deals with traditional media, social media and marketing partners and vendors, as well as advising on privacy issues, specifically as related to targeted advertising. The ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about working in one of the e-commerce world's premier in-house Legal Departments and acting as a true business partner on a diverse range of cutting-edge legal issues.
This Role’s primary accountabilities include:
- Working closely with marketing and PR teams and acting as their real-time legal advisor;
- Working with business stakeholders to understand, structure, draft, negotiate and close commercial agreements;
- Independently coordinating with functional stakeholders, including Tax, Finance, Privacy, Information Security, Litigation, IP, and other internal teams;
- Being deeply integrated with business partners, understanding their needs and helping to find creative solutions to achieve business objectives
Candidates must have:
- JD or equivalent from an ABA accredited law school
- Bar membership in at least one State
- at least 2-5 years of legal experience, including drafting and negotiating contracts
- understanding of legal principles applicable to technology and marketing transactions, including intellectual property, privacy, regulatory and consumer protection laws
- strong business acumen, and in particular, well versed and articulate in connection with trends and key players in the e-commerce and Internet sector as well as with issues related to public company financial reporting
- the ability to build strong relationships quickly and interact with senior business leaders with ease
- willingness to be flexible with the scope and variety of projects to be undertaken in this role
- comfort with ambiguity and a fast-paced culture, and a practical, solutions-oriented focus to solving legal challenges
- Capable of working with minimal supervision
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Strong judgment and project management skills and someone who’s always thinking about better ways of doing things
- Possess and demonstrate shared leadership values and competencies – courageous, driven, inventive, team player, coach, and communicator
View accessibility info here
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or long term unemployment circumstances. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.