Member of Technical Staff 1
San Jose, California
Intellect, curiosity, commitment, pride, respect, teamwork and good communication skills are what we’re looking for. We expect someone with solid computer science/engineering fundamentals (Including strong knowledge of data structures, algorithm writing skills and Object oriented programming concepts), a strong drive for results, thrives on continuous innovation, dreams big, self-starts, learns fast, gets things done while having fun. And you should be customer focused – because great business results is what our teams are about, and eBay sellers depend on us.
It’s all about the code. High quality, efficient, elegant code that fuels the commerce revolution. Help create the infrastructure and applications that unlock more economic opportunity for millions of people every day. This is your chance to take on some of the most complex technical problems in service of making a tangible impact around the globe.
What makes a successful Software Developer at eBay? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem-solver 10
- Quick-thinking 9
- Creative 8
- Productive 7
- Courageous 6
- Team Player 5
If you love new challenges and want to take your career by the horns, eBay is a great place to grow and develop.
eBay Speeds Up Mobile Experiences by Expanding AMP Technology for Product Pages
Mobile web customers will now experience even faster search with the addition of Brands and Interests.
Engineering with a purpose
Our engineering teams are at the forefront of this evolving, dynamic marketplace, with the ultimate goal of helping connect buyers with sellers all across the globe.
Enhancing the User Experience of the Hadoop Ecosystem
At eBay, we have multiple large, multi-tenant clusters. Each of these clusters stores hundreds of petabytes of data.
Medical, Dental,Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, Employee Stock Purchase Program
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
Paid Time Off
16+ Days of Paid Time Off, Paid Maternity leave, Paid Paternity Leave, 11 Paid Holidays
Onsite Gym/Fitness Center
Sabbatical, 4 paid weeks every 5 years
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
Have you ever wanted to work on a platform that creates / edits more than 50
million ecommerce listings per day? It's what we do for a living! Without us, there'd be nothing for sale on eBay and we need your help to make it even better!
This role will have you contributing at the very core of eBay's selling platform,
to deliver an engaging selling experience for more than 25 million sellers across 22 nations, who collectively generate billions of dollars in revenue quarterly. Performance, reliability, scalability and accuracy are of utmost importance as this area of work is at the absolute top of the funnel for all of eBay's massive e-commerce ecosystem.
Technical expertise, curiosity, commitment, pride, respect, teamwork and good communication skills are what we're looking for. We expect someone with solid computer science fundamentals and coding skills, a strong drive for results, thrives on continuous innovation, dreams big, self-starts, learns fast, gets things done while having fun.
● Lead, manage all aspects of PDLC including requirement/design review.
● Experience in requirements analysis, design (Solid OOP concepts), development and testing of scalable, distributed, fault tolerant applications.
● Experience in creating software that is extensible, reusable and meets desired architectural objectives.
● Participate in all aspects of PDLC including requirement/design reviews as well as code reviews. Create testing harness/infrastructure/test cases geared towards ensuring quality is engineered right into the product and not as an after-thought.
● Solid understanding and experience in Java and RESTful API (Micro-services) development is required.
● Experience using RDBMS and NOSQL.
● Familiarity working on Unix/Linux systems.
● Knowledge of Java EE, IoC (Spring Framework), and application servers such as Tomcat is required.
● Solid development background, including JUNIT/Code Coverage mock concepts/Static Analysis is required.
● Familiar with Test Driven Development.
● Knowledge of Jenkins as integration tool and Maven as build tool required.
● Team player - work well independently and in collaborative, cross-discipline environments.
● Self-motivated, passionate for technology, and strong driver for results and continual improvement
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
About our locationSan Jose Office
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not viewed any jobs.