Merchant, Business & IndustrialSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0014745 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
eBay is where the world goes to shop, sell, and give. Whether you are buying new or used, plain or luxurious, commonplace or rare, trendy or one-of-a-kind – if it exists in the world, it is probably for sale on eBay. Our mission is to be the world’s favorite destination for discovering great value and unique selection. We are looking for a Merchant to lead our Business and Industrial Categories including Electrical & test Equipment, Restaurant & Catering, Packing & Shipping, and much more. eBay’s merchants own the end to end performance of the category; and develop comprehensive customer focused merchandise strategies; inclusive of product assortment; pricing strategy, selection procurement, curation, and category site page optimization. Our Category merchant is responsible for developing a strategy to ensure customer satisfaction and maximize business performance / profitability while accelerating the business. Merchants lead an engaged cross functional workforce by simplifying work, clearly communicating the strategy and defining individual accountability effectively, and driving standardization and ensuring empowerment of employees.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Provide leadership and strategic direction on all online merchandise activities. Drive the implementation of strategies and tactics that optimize financial performance
- Develop assortments that support the needs of the customer and the financial objectives of the division.
- Maximize sales through appropriate plans by resource, by digital location and through marketing channels.
- In partnership with the marketing team, develop customer segmentation targets and build performance plans specific to each target.
- Lead the analysis of market data, industry dynamics, local market intelligence, product trends, customer shopping trends and the competitive landscape to assess growth opportunities and site enhancements
- Collaborate with marketing to ensure that consumer marketing messages, pricing and promotional strategies support the financial objectives of the merchandise division.
- Strengthen relationships with sellers to maximize both profitability and other investments in our business.
- Collaborate with the planning organization to develop assortment plans that support overall strategy of positioning for key merchandise categories, classifications, items and sellers.
- Deep understanding of online retailing best practices and experience employing tactics to gain market share and grow top line sales
- Proven track record of strategic planning and execution, taking a project from idea to full implementation in a large complex organization. Expert level experience integrating emerging trends and best practices in strategies
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen in a complex data environment; ability to make the data speak volumes about program performance, trends and areas of opportunity
- Demonstrated ability using metrics to drive productivity, consumer satisfaction, and manage costs.
- 10+ years of merchandising experience in retail or consumer products industry. Experience must include buying, planning, product line structure and pricing.
- 3-5 years progressive leadership experience on a ecommerce team within a multichannel retailer / MBA preferred.
- Flexibility in responding to changing priorities
View our accessibility infoR0014745
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or long term unemployment circumstances. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.