MTS 1, Software Engineer
San Jose, California
Intellect, curiosity, commitment, pride, respect, teamwork and good communication skills are what we’re looking for. We expect someone with solid computer science/engineering fundamentals (Including strong knowledge of data structures, algorithm writing skills and Object oriented programming concepts), a strong drive for results, thrives on continuous innovation, dreams big, self-starts, learns fast, gets things done while having fun. And you should be customer focused – because great business results is what our teams are about, and eBay sellers depend on us.
It’s all about the code. High quality, efficient, elegant code that fuels the commerce revolution. Help create the infrastructure and applications that unlock more economic opportunity for millions of people every day. This is your chance to take on some of the most complex technical problems in service of making a tangible impact around the globe.
What makes a successful Software Developer at eBay? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem-solver 10
- Productive 9
- Quick-thinking 8
- Team Player 7
- Courageous 6
- Creative 5
If you love new challenges and want to take your career by the horns, eBay is a great place to grow and develop.
eBay Speeds Up Mobile Experiences by Expanding AMP Technology for Product Pages
Mobile web customers will now experience even faster search with the addition of Brands and Interests.
Engineering with a purpose
Our engineering teams are at the forefront of this evolving, dynamic marketplace, with the ultimate goal of helping connect buyers with sellers all across the globe.
Enhancing the User Experience of the Hadoop Ecosystem
At eBay, we have multiple large, multi-tenant clusters. Each of these clusters stores hundreds of petabytes of data.
Medical, Dental,Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, Employee Stock Purchase Program
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
Paid Time Off
16+ Days of Paid Time Off, Paid Maternity leave, Paid Paternity Leave, 11 Paid Holidays
Onsite Gym/Fitness Center
Sabbatical, 4 paid weeks every 5 years
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
The ebay ATM Notifications team is looking for a strong server side engineer with a passion for providing innovative and scalable solutions for business applications. He/she will focus on building infrastructure and middle tier services and support mobile app teams leveraging platform services. Write server-side code (services) for mobile & web-based applications, create robust high-volume production applications, and develop prototypes quickly. One should also have a strong understanding of, and practical experience with, Java web application development.
- Build our platforms and systems infrastructure using your strong background in distributed systems, network system design, and large scale database systems.
- Research, analyze, design, develop and test the solutions that are appropriate for the business and technology strategies
- Participate in design discussions, code reviews and project related team meetings.
- Work with other engineers, Architecture, Product Management, QA, and Operations teams to develop innovative solutions that meet business needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules and adherence to development principles and product goals.
- Develop technical & domain expertise and apply to solving product challenges.
• 7+ years of hands-on product development experience in Java, SOA services, XML and Web technologies after BSCS or MSCS or other relevant engineering discipline.
• Experience in Database driven application development (Oracle, NoSQL – Mongo, Cassandra), SQL and schema design.
• Experience in web front end UI development such as JSPs in J2EE environments.
• Experience in building a live e-commerce product that has scaled to large number of users is a plus.
• Working knowledge of Windows and UNIX development environment and associated tools like source code management, bug tracking etc.
• A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design.
• Extensive programming experience in Java.
• Experience in other languages such as Scala, Node.js etc. is a plus.
• Strong software design, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
View our accessibility infoR0016442
About our locationSan Jose Office
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not viewed any jobs.