MTS 1, Software Engineer
San Jose, California
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
The eBay Marketing Tech Notification team is looking for a strong server side engineer with a passion for providing innovative and scalable solutions for business applications. He/she will focus on building infrastructure and middle tier services and support mobile app teams leveraging platform services. Write server-side code (services) for mobile & web-based applications, create robust high-volume production applications, and develop prototypes quickly. One should also have a strong understanding of, and practical experience with, Java web and service application development.
- Build our platforms and systems infrastructure using your strong background in distributed systems, network system design, and large scale database systems.
- Research, analyze, design, develop and test the solutions that are appropriate for the business and technology strategies
- Participate in design discussions, code reviews and project related team meetings.
- Work with other engineers, Architecture, Product Management, QA, and Operations teams to develop innovative solutions that meet business needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules and adherence to development principles and product goals.
- Develop technical & domain expertise and apply to solving product challenges.
• 7+ years of hands-on product development experience in Java, RESTful services, XML, JSON and Web technologies after BSCS or MSCS or other relevant engineering discipline.
• Experience in Database driven application development (Oracle, MySQL, NoSQL – MongoDB, Cassandra, CouchBase), SQL and schema design.
• Experience in web front end UI development framework such as AngularJS, Node.js etc.
• Experience in building a live e-commerce product that has scaled to large number of users is a plus.
• Working knowledge of Windows and UNIX development environment and associated tools like source code management, bug tracking etc.
• A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design.
• Extensive programming experience in Java.
• Strong software design, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
At eBay Buyer Experience team, the drive for a faster and sleeker pages constantly inspires me. The fact that my work touches millions of users everyday in one way or the other and to learn what affects a person’s decision to make that purchase brings a sense of fulfillment.–Dileep, Staff Software Engineer
Everyday, I get a chance to work with smart and dedicated people to build the best shopping experience for our customers. Because so many people use eBay, I am proud that my work is impacting people in a positive way.–Steve, Full Stack Software Engineer
Everyday I work with people passionate to deliver great experiences for millions of buyers and sellers. It brings me great joy knowing that the features I work on greatly impact the lives of people from around the world, from all walks of life.–Andrew, Software Engineer
We do things different, the hack way, the happy way. And we celebrate the best way. We are the pirates of eBay!–Shakul, Software Development Manager
eBay gives me the freedom to challenge the status quo. This creates a unique adrenaline rush that pushes all boundaries and paradigms and helps bring out new ideas that ultimately redefine e-commerce shopping experience. If you love such challenges, you'll love work at eBay.–Sriharsha, Software Engineer
What makes a successful Software Developer at eBay? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem-solver 10
- Quick-thinking 9
- Creative 8
- Productive 7
- Courageous 6
- Team Player 5
Medical, Dental,Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, Employee Stock Purchase Program
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
Paid Time Off
16+ Days of Paid Time Off, Paid Maternity leave, Paid Paternity Leave, 11 Paid Holidays
Onsite Gym/Fitness Center
Sabbatical, 4 paid weeks every 5 years