Senior Network Engineer (Cloud Env.)San Jose, California Requisition Number R0011185 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
eBay is a technology company and the challenges we are solving here are interesting and difficult as they typically precede those the majority of the industry will be facing in a few years. We constantly live in an uncharted territory trying to scale our datacenter network footprint, employing new technology and looking at networking in a new, innovative way. Often, we work on generational technologies that require us to look at common things in an unconventional way.
In this role you will have an opportunity to join a team of diverse and talented engineers where you are never bored and always feel supported. We collaborate, innovate, challenge, and support one another in all aspects of our daily professional lives. You will also have an opportunity to define eBay’s next generation datacenter design, protocols, operational procedures, and other networking technologies.
- Participate in architecture, design, implementation, and L3 support of multi-vendor production networks spanning multiple data centers and locations.
- Deliver network implementation and remediation projects to meet demands.
- Support network availability.
- Research and develop designs and strategies to help meet our technology and automation goals, including cloud and SDN architectures.
- Use modern development languages such as Python, Perl, and C++, to develop tools and frameworks that drive efficiency in automation, and management of our large-scale network environments.
- Collaborate with platform and engineering teams to design and implement solutions to support vision and strategy.
- Engage with industry and vendor partners to drive our requirements and product needs.
Desired Experience & Skills:
- 8+ years of experience in network design and implementation
- 8+ years of experience supporting networks at an L3 level
- Expert level multi-vendor experience with routing and switching equipment from Cisco, Juniper, Arista
- Expert level understanding of TCP/IP, IPv4/IPv6
- Expert level MP-BGP, and OSPF
- Proficiency in modern development languages and frameworks such as Python, Jinja2
- Experience developing network tools to drive efficiency in operations tasks and automation
- Understanding of Multicast technologies such as PIM-SM and PIM-BiDir
- Understanding of QoS and implementation strategies
- Experience with L2 technologies such as MLAG and VPC
- Experience with cloud architectures and network automation
- Experience with SDN technologies such as VXLAN, NVGRE, Open vSwitch
- Experience with Nicira SDN products preferred
- Expert level troubleshooting skills
- Comfort working in Unix environments
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Relevant expert level certifications (CCIE, JNCIE, etc) preferred
- Participation in on call rotation
- BSCS or other 4-year technical degree preferred
View our accessibility infoR0011185
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or long term unemployment circumstances. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.