MTS 1, Software Engineer
San Jose, California
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
Do you want to be part of the team that builds and drives the world-class search experience for millions of E-Commerce buyers? If so, join the eBay Search Services team. We are passionate about building the best search experience for the world’s largest online marketplace and are looking for top-notch software engineers to join our team to drive the eBay Search Experience across native, mobile web and desktop.
The eBay Search Services team is looking for passionate and motivated Engineers to drive the eBay Search Experience across native, mobile web and desktop.
- Define, design, and implement complex, multi-tier distributed software systems throughout all phases of the software development life cycle
- Work on new and existing product initiatives and be a driver in the definition of product direction.
- Estimate engineering effort, plan implementations, and rollout for complex search applications
- Partner effectively with product management, QE, partner teams.
- Push the bar to solve complex technical challenges of scale and performance
- Partner effectively and influence peers, juniors and seniors both within the organization and across eBay
- Large scale data processing to understand user behavior and help define new product features
- 10+ years of software design and development experience, solid foundation in computer science with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Experience in object-oriented design methodology and large scale application development in Java (or any other object oriented language)
- Excellent understanding of distributed systems and service oriented architecture along with web services and related standards like REST/JSON
- Relational database and SQL development experience
- Agile development experience
- Self-motivated and fast learner. Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills
- BSCS or BSEE or other equivalent technical degree
View our accessibility infoR0018627
At eBay Buyer Experience team, the drive for a faster and sleeker pages constantly inspires me. The fact that my work touches millions of users everyday in one way or the other and to learn what affects a person’s decision to make that purchase brings a sense of fulfillment.–Dileep, Staff Software Engineer
Everyday, I get a chance to work with smart and dedicated people to build the best shopping experience for our customers. Because so many people use eBay, I am proud that my work is impacting people in a positive way.–Steve, Full Stack Software Engineer
Everyday I work with people passionate to deliver great experiences for millions of buyers and sellers. It brings me great joy knowing that the features I work on greatly impact the lives of people from around the world, from all walks of life.–Andrew, Software Engineer
We do things different, the hack way, the happy way. And we celebrate the best way. We are the pirates of eBay!–Shakul, Software Development Manager
eBay gives me the freedom to challenge the status quo. This creates a unique adrenaline rush that pushes all boundaries and paradigms and helps bring out new ideas that ultimately redefine e-commerce shopping experience. If you love such challenges, you'll love work at eBay.–Sriharsha, Software Engineer
What makes a successful Software Developer at eBay? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem-solver 10
- Quick-thinking 9
- Creative 8
- Productive 7
- Courageous 6
- Team Player 5
Medical, Dental,Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, Employee Stock Purchase Program
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
Paid Time Off
16+ Days of Paid Time Off, Paid Maternity leave, Paid Paternity Leave, 11 Paid Holidays
Onsite Gym/Fitness Center
Sabbatical, 4 paid weeks every 5 years