MTS 1, Software Engineer
San Jose, California
Intellect, curiosity, commitment, pride, respect, teamwork and good communication skills are what we’re looking for. We expect someone with solid computer science/engineering fundamentals (Including strong knowledge of data structures, algorithm writing skills and Object oriented programming concepts), a strong drive for results, thrives on continuous innovation, dreams big, self-starts, learns fast, gets things done while having fun. And you should be customer focused – because great business results is what our teams are about, and eBay sellers depend on us.
It’s all about the code. High quality, efficient, elegant code that fuels the commerce revolution. Help create the infrastructure and applications that unlock more economic opportunity for millions of people every day. This is your chance to take on some of the most complex technical problems in service of making a tangible impact around the globe.
What makes a successful Software Developer at eBay? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem-solver 10
- Quick-thinking 9
- Creative 8
- Productive 7
- Courageous 6
- Team Player 5
If you love new challenges and want to take your career by the horns, eBay is a great place to grow and develop.
eBay Speeds Up Mobile Experiences by Expanding AMP Technology for Product Pages
Mobile web customers will now experience even faster search with the addition of Brands and Interests.
Engineering with a purpose
Our engineering teams are at the forefront of this evolving, dynamic marketplace, with the ultimate goal of helping connect buyers with sellers all across the globe.
Enhancing the User Experience of the Hadoop Ecosystem
At eBay, we have multiple large, multi-tenant clusters. Each of these clusters stores hundreds of petabytes of data.
Medical, Dental,Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, Employee Stock Purchase Program
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
Paid Time Off
16+ Days of Paid Time Off, Paid Maternity leave, Paid Paternity Leave, 11 Paid Holidays
Onsite Gym/Fitness Center
Sabbatical, 4 paid weeks every 5 years
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
Do you want to be part of the team that builds and drives the world-class search experience for millions of E-Commerce buyers? If so, join the eBay Search Services team. We are passionate about building the best search experience for the world’s largest online marketplace and are looking for top-notch software engineers to join our team to drive the eBay Search Experience across native, mobile web and desktop.
The eBay Search Services team is looking for passionate and motivated Engineers to drive the eBay Search Experience across native, mobile web and desktop.
- Define, design, and implement complex, multi-tier distributed software systems throughout all phases of the software development life cycle
- Work on new and existing product initiatives and be a driver in the definition of product direction.
- Estimate engineering effort, plan implementations, and rollout for complex search applications
- Partner effectively with product management, QE, partner teams.
- Push the bar to solve complex technical challenges of scale and performance
- Partner effectively and influence peers, juniors and seniors both within the organization and across eBay
- Large scale data processing to understand user behavior and help define new product features
- 10+ years of software design and development experience, solid foundation in computer science with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Experience in object-oriented design methodology and large scale application development in Java (or any other object oriented language)
- Excellent understanding of distributed systems and service oriented architecture along with web services and related standards like REST/JSON
- Relational database and SQL development experience
- Agile development experience
- Self-motivated and fast learner. Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills
- BSCS or BSEE or other equivalent technical degree
View our accessibility infoR0018627
About our locationSan Jose Office
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not viewed any jobs.