MTS 2, Support Engineer (Hadoop)San Jose, California Requisition Number R0014994
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
Job Description (MTS 2 Software Engineer T26)
- Research and resolve issues related to ad hoc data requests, complex query tuning, Big Data Platforms, Analytics Platform, Insight products and Business Intelligence tools.
- Provide technical expertise, direction and mentoring team as a lead.
- Seek to gain understanding of eBay’s Data warehouse & Analytics environment including use of T-SQL, BI tools, underlying data models, and train Data Analysts on various Subject Areas.
- Communicate openly and candidly with team members to gather and understand daily status reports, operational metrics and drive initiatives aimed at improving the quality and timeliness of response.
- Ensure and deliver superior customer service to exceed the Support Service Level Agreement.
- Work closely and liaise with Subject Area Experts and Product Managers to gain expertise in data analysis.
- Cognizant of individual and team goals and does whatever it takes to get initiatives and projects delivered on schedule.
- Participate in development and testing of Self Service Tools and other Support productivity tools.
- Update and develop knowledge base documentation with inputs from technical subject matter experts.
Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a closely related field and 8 years of experience
Experience must include the following: Teradata/MPP architecture, concepts including Teradata system extraction, loading processes and utilities, ETL/ELT processes; SQL and PL/SQL concepts; Teradata - SQL performance tuning; BI tools including Business Objects or Micro strategy or Tableau; Unix Shell scripting; Data warehousing concepts.
is a Subsidiary of eBay.
View accessibility info here
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or long term unemployment circumstances. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.