Online Community ManagerSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0038619
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
About the team:
We play an instrumental role in connecting people with the things they need and love, anytime, anywhere. The Americas help deliver a personalized shopping experience and seamless access to inventory from down the street and around the world, as well as tailored shopping experiences, including customized buying and selling. eBay aims to drive growth into new markets and drive value in the shopping and selling experience through “building, accelerating, and disrupting.” The team is comprised of marketing, merchandising, operations, business selling, consumer selling, and shipping. Our responsibilities include all aspects of the region including operations in the US, Canada and Latin America.
As Online Community Manager, North America, you will be responsible for managing eBay’s vibrant community to attract, engage, retain, guide, and inspire eBay sellers in North America! You will help improve our processes for identifying and connecting these sellers, execute a communication strategy to encourage and motivate them, and manage an online community to support them.
- Manage eBay’s online spaces for the North America seller community, build and nurture vibrant, thriving community experiences to support the seller journey
- Lead all aspects of and own technical integrations on the platform and vendor relationships
- Design communications strategies to drive awareness and adoption of eBay programs within the community
- Identify community leaders and mentors, and develop programs to recognize and celebrate them
- Lead community customer support and case deflection strategies
- Implement moderation policies and procedures and ensure community content and members adhere to those standards
- Report on community metrics, the seller experience, and community engagement to provide feedback and insights to ebay leadership and other partners
- Find opportunities to add impactful new content, experiences, and resources, and develop and program content to drive engagement
- Monitor the community on an ongoing basis, and personally engage in the community and create new content where appropriate
- Develop and implement innovative ideas to continuously add value
- 6+ years experience managing or moderating large and vibrant brand communities
- A passion for building community, both online and in the real world
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Analytical mindset with a data-driven focus
- Experience with two-sided marketplaces a plus
- Experience designing and managing volunteer programs a plus
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
Will consider having the role based out of the following locations: San Jose, Salt Lake City, Austin, Portland, Seattle
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: