Principal MTS/Software ArchitectSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0010882 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
At eBay, we are committed to providing the best platform for sellers to do business, while increasing opportunities for global commerce. The Seller Experience Engineering team needs software architects who can help design and build eBay’s next generation selling platform using latest technology, design principles, and best practices. Specifically, this role will involve ownership of or contribution to definition of inventory data model, layered services architecture, implementation technology choices, and build v/s buy decisions. You will be involved in all aspects of the project lifecycle, from ideation through requirements analysis, design and implementation.
This is a hands-on position, requiring research, analysis, design, and delivery of solutions that meet business needs at massive scale. While this is an individual contributor position, there is expectation that the Software Architect will reach across the organization, providing leadership and influence in adoption of technical solutions, strategies and design patterns across multiple teams and stakeholders.
- Design and implement innovative, scalable, sustainable systems and solutions to complex problems
- Research, evaluate, and recommend technologies and products for their applicability to our needs
- Understand short term and long term needs of business and product, and use that understanding to make informed decisions for software solutions
- Drive technical vision and architecture designs to consensus across multiple teams and stakeholders within eBay
- Develop and document service interface, design and architecture specifications as well as patterns, standards, guidelines and technical best practices
- Build prototypes or POCs where needed, to validate technical approach
- Bring extreme focus on quality and customer advocacy, while inspiring others to be mutually committed
- Provide technical and thought leadership across the team and company
- Bring passion for technology, and strong desire to deliver results by working in a collaborative, cross-discipline environments
- Strong hands-on experience as a software architect designing and delivering large scale distributed software systems, preferably in large scale global business
- Strong technical skills and critical thinking, and ability to communicate vision to diverse technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent knowledge of service oriented architecture (SOA) principles and Web services standards and best practices
- Knowledge of big data technologies like Hadoop, HBase, Spark, etc
- Ability to define, apply and evangelize advanced software patterns and standards to solve complex problems
- Ability to drive influence and encourage others to think critically, extensible about products they build & deliver, and drive alignment
- BS in Computer Science degree or equivalent
- 10+years of related work experience in software engineering, architecture and design
is a Subsidiary of eBay.
View accessibility info here
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or long term unemployment circumstances. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.