Product Manager - TechnicalSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0032437 Subsidiary eBay
As a Product Manager in our Retail Standards - Trust team you will work with dedicated teams to create highly scalable solutions and to build products that will shape the next generation of convenient post order processes like order cancellations, returns and issue resolution, to ensure customer satisfaction and trust.
The product manager will:
- Define and manage the end to end user experience, including our end-user-facing mobile and web apps, middleware, back-end, partner integrations, reporting, accounting, and other systems
- Be part of a cross-functional team. You will be get the opportunity to truly bridge the gap between business, operations and technology.
- Lead the day-to-day activities of our exceptional product development team in terms of prioritizing work, building new features, and addressing operational issues
- Provide regular updates to our leadership on progress made and future plans
- Ensure the world class speed, reliability, scalability, and security of our products
- Work with our customers and partners to understand their needs and current capabilities to improve their experience on eBay
We are looking for someone with:
- Outstanding product and design sense; must have the ability to imagine and communicate product experiences including UX designs that are simple and effective, including the ability to create rough wireframes
- Interest in e-commerce and passion for customer experience
- Analytical mindset and eagerness to build a new products. Someone who takes a hands-on, methodological approach to product discovery, user research, storytelling and backlog prioritization in order to get to the right user stories that really give our customers what they need.
- High aptitude for learning new systems quickly and managing products across the full technology stack
- Deep technical knowledge of software design and development; CS degree preferred
- A demonstrated track record of shipping products that are highly usable and reliable at scale: 2+ years as product manager and/or equivalent experience on multiple reference-able products required
- Good written and verbal communication skills to ensure that all relevant stakeholders have the information that they need
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas and complex problems.
- The ability to translate product strategy into epics or stories and understand business and operational processes as well as financial and operational KPIs.
- Ability to manage and prioritize development tasks to maximize the effectiveness of the team and maintain engineers’ energy and enthusiasm over time
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: