SEC and Corporate CounselSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0029849
ebay is currently seeking an individual to take on the role of SEC/Corporate Counsel and be based at eBay’s headquarters in San Jose, CA. This role will engage in a broad range of general securities, corporate and governance related work and reports to the Associate General Counsel for Securities, Corporate and Governance. This attorney will interface with members of eBay’s Board, senior leadership as well as serve as a key member of the legal organization.
- Provide support in evaluating, advising on and handling corporate securities and SEC reporting and compliance matters (including periodic reports, proxy statements and annual reports, and Section 16 filings) and corporate governance matters (including preparation for eBay Board of Directors and Board Committee meetings), investor relations and corporate secretarial matters.
- Assist in organizing the annual stockholder meeting.
- Work closely with Accounting Policy, Communications, Investor Relations, Treasury/Finance, and Human Resources functions.
- Manage internal team members and constituents and outside advisors, including active management of outside counsel.
- Work collaboratively with the global stock team with respect to 10b5-1 plans and RSU releases.
- Review SEC rules, as well as other relevant professional resources, on a regular basis to monitor changes to corporate governance rules and corporate governance trends.
- Assist in responding to requests for information and documents from the company’s internal and external auditors, regulators, and other stakeholders.
- JD degree with excellent academic credentials.
- 3-5+ years of relevant experience in securities law (’33 and ’34 Act) and SEC reporting matters and corporate governance issues.
- In-house experience and experience at a law firm with a sophisticated securities and corporate governance practice is highly desirable.
- Flexibility and creativity in dealing with complex legal issues on a domestic and cross-border basis.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications skills.
- Well organized and hard-working, with the ability to thrive in a fast paced work environment and manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure.
- A high-level of intellectual, professional and interpersonal agility and flexibility, combined with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with business clients and other legal department members.
- Team oriented, with a strong sense of humor, unquestioned ethics and integrity, sound judgment and high tolerance for ambiguity.
- Ability to cherish innovation, embrace change, and believe that there is always room for improvement.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: