Security Distinguished EngineerSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0012847 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
As a key Security leader for eBay, you will tackle challenging situations in a very unique environment. You should be comfortable with a high degree of ambiguity and relish the idea of solving problems that haven’t been solved before. There will be opportunities to leverage your security engineering and architectural skillset across many teams and initiatives and to also go deep and get your hands on the hard problems you are passionate about.
Your work will have impact across the entire organization and company. If you enjoy analyzing, breaking and coming-up with solutions to applications from a security perspective, and you are skilled at discovering security issues that appear under new threat scenarios, this position will provide you with a challenging opportunity. Additionally, you will coach and mentor security, and Product Development / software engineers in security best practices for design and development.
The ideal candidate will possess the following experience:
- Architect, design, and develop Security architecture and solutions for complex e-commerce or relevant highly available systems at scale.
- Has had a key architect leadership role in the transformation of the Security architecture for a relevant company of scale.
- Extensive experience in Application Security and SPLC.
- Excellent understanding of Operating Systems security concepts and kernel components.
- Experience with SMTP, TCP/IP, algorithms, multi-tasking, device drivers a plus.
- Strong Security experience in Windows/Linux internals and kernel. Solid security knowledge of modern kernels (i.e., Linux, BSD, Solaris, AIX, or HP/UX) in kernel/C development, debugging, problem and performance analysis.
- Experience and understanding of desktop and server security
- Become a motivated product and industry influence by maintaining deep technical and business knowledge of various market segments and of best-of-breed security strategies
- Working across eBay with fellow Architects, Senior Staff, Principal Engineers, product management, and other stakeholders to define the technical roadmap for the product(s) in response to customer requirements and market forces.
- Excellent cross functional leadership and teamwork skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field. Master’s/PhD degree in Computer Science or equivalent is desirable but not a requisite.
- 15+ years of security engineering and architectural experience.
- 15+ years of experience in vulnerability testing and auditing.
- 10+ years of application security experience.
- 10+ years of experience and involvement with development team(s) that delivered commercial software or software-based services (development, QA testing, or security role).
is a Subsidiary of eBay.
View accessibility info here
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or long term unemployment circumstances. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.