Senior Applied ResearcherSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0031639 Subsidiary eBay
Ebay is currently seeking to hire a Senior Applied Researcher. This is an opportunity to build a visible impact in an eBay growth business by using your extensive Research and Engineering talents to work on some of the most complex and innovative problems in AdTech and E-Commerce and develop new features that promote enthusiastic engagement in our large and growing base of sellers and buyers.
- Develop machine learning systems using both cutting edge data science and engineering skills.
- Strong understanding of/experience with Machine learning. Stay current with the recent developments in AI and Machine Learning (e.g. Deep Learning, automatic Hyper-Parameter Optimization)
- Extensive experience with at ML learning software such as TensorFlow, pyTorch, Torch, H2O, Theano,, R, etc.
- Extensive experience with building production data pipelines using technologies such as Spark, Scala, Storm, Kafka, etc.
- Ability to prep a cluster for developing and deploying ML models. Familiarity with Kubernetes and Docker is a plus.
- A scrappy, practical approach to solving specific product problems as opposed to developing theoretical or general solutions.
- Experience collaborating with designers, product managers, business analysts and other developers as part of a highly cross-functional team.
- Familiarity with SDLC process, agile development.
- Familiarity with QE concepts. Able to QE his/her work.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- MS in computer science (PhD preferred) or equivalent experience.
- Extensive experience with Big Data storage and analysis technologies, such as Hadoop, data warehouse platforms and NoSQL solutions.
- R&D background in machine learning, statistics, or information retrieval
- Industry familiarity in the computational advertising space. Areas such as audience modeling and extension of real-time bidding, is a big plus.
- Strong programming skills in Java, Scala, or Python.
- Experience with common data analysis tools, such as R.
- Proven track record of turning prototypes into live production systems with measurable business benefits.
- A demonstrated record of delivering projects in the face of significant ambiguity.
- Excellent communication skills.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: