Senior Applied ResearcherSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0041530 Subsidiary eBay
Looking to make an impact on the future of global commerce? Do you want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, and engage around the world?
The Search Monetization team is the biggest contributor to eBay’s advertising program. We innovate at the heart of ecommerce search and advertising, with the ambitious goal of redefining ecommerce advertising. We craft an optimized experience for both buyers and sellers on eBay. We innovate rapidly in this space and there is no shortage of new challenges for motivated individuals.
We are looking for stellar applied researchers to join us and build the next generation of online advertising products in eBay search. If you enjoy the scale and technical complexity of advertising and want to be at the frontier of applied research in advertising in e-commerce, join now. Help us redefine advertising at eBay.
- Seek scientific solutions to highly ambiguous problems by crafting a technical vision and building consensus across teams
- Think through complex research problems, simplify where necessary, invent when needed, to drive a principled vision from thought to reality
- Drive technical vision, promote standard methodologies, and establish processes in your field across teams
- Present key technical and novel research work in public forums and conferences
- Mentor junior team members
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or equivalent
- 3-5 years (with PhD) or 5-8 years (with MS) of industrial experience in a related field
- Strong Industrial experience with one or more of the following: classification, regression, recommendation systems, targeting systems, ranking systems, fraud detection, online advertising, or related
- Experience in big data processing, e.g. Hadoop, SQL, Spark
- Experience with Python or R, and Java or Scala or C/C++
- 2 or more related publications in quality conferences or journals
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.