Senior Manager, Global IntelligenceSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0017856 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
Senior Manager, Global Intelligence – Global Protective Services
The Senior Manager of the Global Intelligence Center reports directly to the Director of Global Protective Services. He or she will oversee all timely, accurate, and quality analysis reporting that is critical to supporting and informing corporate executives, key business leaders, and security and safety personnel at all levels worldwide.
The ideal candidate will strategically develop, manage, and maintain the Global Intelligence program, to reduce risk and protect the company’s personnel, assets, operations, knowledge, and interests. He or she will also be responsible for the program’s procedure development and refinement, personnel training, threat monitoring and management, and team leadership and mentorship.
- Manage the entire Global Intelligence team in its collection, analysis, and production of all intelligence products and support functions.
- Provide guidance, prioritization, mentorship, and performance feedback to a team of 8-10 intelligence analysts.
- Plan and strategize with the Director of Global Protective Services on the selection and reliance of external contractual support, emerging technologies, and new methodologies to best serve corporate executives, leaders, and other corporate intelligence consumers.
- Provide short notice face-to-face briefings (up to the CEO level) during high stress, rapidly developing intelligence/threat/crisis situations.
- Responsible for the oversight and production of all intelligence products, as well as intelligence research, open source intelligence (OSINT) monitoring and reporting, communications, travel support, threat assessments, and geopolitical, protective, and business intelligence assessments.
- Lead the development of new intelligence products that help maintain business and security continuity; and review the current intelligence products to maintain the highest level of quality in all deliverables.
- Develop and maintain intelligence and analytical procedures to meet current, new, and changing requirements.
- Identify and oversee procurement of the latest tools and technology to conduct cutting-edge intelligence research; as well as continuously re-evaluate current technological tools to maximize the team’s efficiency.
- Develop and maintain a training program for the team’s analysts, to include utilizing innovative search and analytical tools to monitor activities or events that impact the company, as well as how to assimilate intelligence content from numerous sources into concisely written reports.
- Benchmark with other members of the intelligence community, and maintain a wide range of internal and external contacts to include international, federal, state, and local law enforcement officials.
- Minimum educational requirement of a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminology, Psychology, Political Science, International Affairs, Economics, Business, or related field; Master’s Degree preferred.
- 4+ years of related experience providing intelligence or risk analysis.
- Excellent management skills with the ability to effectively prioritize.
- Experience in training and mentoring junior intelligence analysts.
- Understanding of global geo-political issues and threats to/from differing regions of the world; experience living and working in a foreign country is highly desirable.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to think critically and to brief senior decision makers and interact with executives in the absence of the Director.
- Possess a high level of integrity and sensitivity to confidential information.
- Ability to liaise with local, state, federal and international law enforcement.
- Ability to manage ambiguity and shape the strategic direction of new programs.
- Demonstrated sound judgment in dealing with business and corporate challenges.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize according to business needs.
- Willingness and ability to travel on short notice in support of operations and initiatives.
View our accessibility infoR0017856
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or long term unemployment circumstances. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.