Senior Mobile Platform Product ManagerSan Jose, California
Portland, Oregon Requisition Number R0026685 Subsidiary eBay
About the role
eBay is the world’s largest mobile commerce marketplace and is a worldwide leader in crafting the future of mobile commerce. Come join us as we revolutionize mobile commerce at eBay. eBay's Mobile Platform Engineering Initiative is responsible for laying a foundation upon which all mobile features at eBay can be built with higher velocity and greater quality.
As the mobile platform product manager, you will be responsible for defining and maintaining the roadmap of for this key initiative which includes mobile architecture and DevOps. In addition, you will oversee roadmaps maintained by other product managers in the initiative and provide mentorship to those product managers.
- You will help define and maintain roadmaps for mobile architecture (iOS & Android), and DevOps scrum teams
- Oversee roadmaps for Mobile Test Frameworks, Mobile Service Platform and common component teams that are led by other product owners
- Mentor others in the role of product management
- Participate actively in standard agile ceremonies (daily standups, backlog grooming, sprint retrospectives, sprint demos, etc.)
- Provide regular updates to senior management (CTO-staff) on progress of overall initiative
- Engage with enthusiasm with key customers to solicit requirements and evangelize new features
- Partner with cross functional teams to ensure alignment in execution and delivery
- Adept at agile methodologies (esp. Scrum & Kanban)
- Excellent core project management skills: specifying product requirements, scheduling and driving features to completion
- Product intuition and discernment; ability to prioritize and make trade-offs
- Expert at cross-group coordination/collaboration
- Proven ability to handle multifaceted complex projects
- Ability to build relationships internally and externally, interfacing at all levels, and possessing a collaborative attitude
- Experience launching successful large scale products globally.
- Strong written and verbal communication, leadership, and teamwork skills.
- 8-10+ years’ experience in product management with solid track record of launching successful products.
- Deep knowledge of iOS & Android ecosystems and SDLC
- Experience with continuous integration and delivery methodologies and technology (Jenkins, JIRA, GitHub, Ansible, Docker, ELK, etc.)
- Hands-on software engineering experience
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: