Senior Product Manager - TechnicalSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0034066 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping global commerce? Join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of. eBay is one of the top global marketplaces with the mission to connect millions of buyers and sellers around the world, empowering people and creating economic opportunity for all.
eBay is looking for an experienced Sr. Product Manager to help design, shape, and drive product capabilities for the eBay’s Search Engine. We believe that the end-customer experience is a derivative of our platform capabilities. Developing a platform to support multiple geographies carries with it many challenges. The ideal candidate will have previously developed global product strategies that enable and drive innovation on search. He or she will work closely with engineering leaders, product and domain leads to identify and build core capabilities, maximize utility of features common to multiple stakeholders, and efficiently solve for local functionalities critical to market success. Additionally, he or she must have a proven ability to build relationships and influence across the organization at all levels, as well as superior communication and presentation skills.
- *Define product strategy and roadmap for Search Platform, focusing on data engineering and working closely with key stakeholders and engineering leaders. Clearly set the product prioritization with a balance of near-term deliverables and longer-term investment in technology platforms.
- *As the Product Owner, author user stories and co-lead the Agile scrum team with engineering counterpart to execute on roadmap with clear milestones. Own product commitments and outcomes to the business.
- *Effectively communicate strategies & trade-offs up to senior leaders and down to development team
- *Synthesize market changes and technology improvements into actionable improvements for the platform
- *Partner closely with internal and external stakeholders to provide a global viewpoint and extend applications across use cases
- *6-8 years of strong product management experience with at least 4 years in Commerce Tech related projects
- *Good understanding of technologies powering Search
- *Ability to get hands dirty in the latest technologies, and expertise in technologies and products required to bring payments solutions to market, at scale and globally
- *Experience with agile development process
- *Asks the right questions to formulate product perspective beyond clear and present requirements
- *Balances technical and commercial acumen; able to communicate what is possible and what will have the biggest impact on the business
- *Builds strong relationships internally and externally; an active listener and clear communicator; seeks win-win outcomes
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: