Software Engineer 3 (Front End)
San Jose, California
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
eBay is changing the way people connect and shop around the world. Our engineers are revolutionizing commerce by building apps, creating new platforms, and solving complex problems at a massive scale. What you work on here impacts the lives of millions every day.
If you are looking for a challenging opportunity to develop and innovate the eBay experience, you will love this opportunity!
Who are we?
We are the Search Engine Optimization (SEO) team at eBay, responsible for bringing external traffic to eBay. Our team loves to solve SEO problems the engineering way using latest technologies. We build large scale systems and frameworks serving billion requests a day; internal tools to gain better insights into SEO; and research on complex data problems. Our work has a direct business impact and helps eBay grow user base.
We are dynamic, versatile and always eager to tackle new problems as we continue to build next generation systems and grow the business.
What will you do?
- Define, design, and implement complex, multi-tier distributed software systems focused on improving SEO product
- As a self-motivated and enthusiastic member of our team, you will work with extremely talented peers in a fun environment pushing the performance bar while solving various problems
- Develop innovative solutions that not only meet functionality requirements but meet performance, scalability and reliability requirements while adhering to implementation schedules, development principles and product goals
- Process data to understand user behavior and help define new product features
- Lead the internal tools and widget development within the team to help gain insights
- Estimate engineering effort, plan execution cycles, and rollout system changes
- Mentor junior peers in technical design
- Excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures and algorithms. Excellent problem solving skills is also a must
- Expertise in Node.JS and Web technologies like HTML, CSS, JS, Ajax and should be able to work independently
- Expertise required in object-oriented design methodology and large scale application development in Java (or any other object oriented language)
- Proven results-oriented person with a focus on delivery in a high-velocity, high-scalability and high-availability environment
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn new technologies and dig into problems. Good verbal and written skills
- Experience with distributed systems, service-oriented architecture and NoSQL databases is a plus
- Familiarity with SEO is a plus
- 5 years of work experience or MS in Computer Science plus 3 years of experience
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
At eBay Buyer Experience team, the drive for a faster and sleeker pages constantly inspires me. The fact that my work touches millions of users everyday in one way or the other and to learn what affects a person’s decision to make that purchase brings a sense of fulfillment.–Dileep, Staff Software Engineer
Everyday, I get a chance to work with smart and dedicated people to build the best shopping experience for our customers. Because so many people use eBay, I am proud that my work is impacting people in a positive way.–Steve, Full Stack Software Engineer
Everyday I work with people passionate to deliver great experiences for millions of buyers and sellers. It brings me great joy knowing that the features I work on greatly impact the lives of people from around the world, from all walks of life.–Andrew, Software Engineer
We do things different, the hack way, the happy way. And we celebrate the best way. We are the pirates of eBay!–Shakul, Software Development Manager
eBay gives me the freedom to challenge the status quo. This creates a unique adrenaline rush that pushes all boundaries and paradigms and helps bring out new ideas that ultimately redefine e-commerce shopping experience. If you love such challenges, you'll love work at eBay.–Sriharsha, Software Engineer
What makes a successful Software Developer at eBay? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem-solver 10
- Quick-thinking 9
- Creative 8
- Productive 7
- Courageous 6
- Team Player 5
Medical, Dental,Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, Employee Stock Purchase Program
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
Paid Time Off
16+ Days of Paid Time Off, Paid Maternity leave, Paid Paternity Leave, 11 Paid Holidays
Onsite Gym/Fitness Center
Sabbatical, 4 paid weeks every 5 years