Software Engineer 3, Quality EngineeringSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0032585 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
This is a challenging, highly technical Quality Engineering role requiring analytical, innovative thinkers who can build cutting edge testing technologies and use next-generation automation techniques to successfully certify and automate eBay’s core marketplace platform: a global, distributed component architecture serving 100+ million visits a week which is one of the largest eCommerce platform in the world. This role will be in Ebay's Selling group, building tools and interfaces for ebay’s sellers, small and large, including ebay’s largest sellers conducting millions of sales per week. You will be working on cutting edge technologies for very large scale inventory management on the ebay platform, including listing products, managing inventory, sales, orders, shipping, returns, payments and the entire order lifecycle, as well as sophisticated reporting, pricing and inventory recommendations. You will deal with technology challenges like optimizing the performance settings and threading model for complex service stacks, and complex fault tolerance and recovery scenarios.
- Job level can be adjusted to candidate’s qualifications and experience
- Write automation testing in Java, Junit, Selenium and other internal Java-based automation frameworks for Frontend, SOA/Services and messaging components
- Contribute to developing sophisticated, stable, internal Java automation frameworks increasing efficiency, re-usability and flexibility supporting a 100+ person QA organization.
- Help develop and enhance eBay’s continuous integration framework, merging build/compile/test/validate processes with scheduling, automated notifications and graduated build deployments
- Contribute to development of environment management, test automation admin and monitoring tools for a large scale, distributed component agile testing environment supporting hundreds of Quality Engineers and Developers across over 1000 servers
- Work with engineers, team leads, managers to help developing innovative testing solutions that meet market needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules, and adherence to testing goals and principles
- Participate in knowledge sharing sessions, present test engineering solutions to others
- Master’s degree in CS, EE or other related technical field +1 year working experience, or bachelor’s +2 years working experience
- Experience developing and/or testing Soap/XML/Rest and/or Java/JUnit and java based applications required
- Experience in Agile / Continuous Integration test environments (like Jenkins) and automation frameworks like Selenium/WebDriver/TestNG is a plus
- Experience working on windows NT and Unix/Linux systems
- Experience with Oracle RDBMS, being able to read and write SQL queries
- Experience with scripting languages such as Perl, Python, etc is a plus.
- Planning skills to design test plans and test cases for new assigned features, developing test tools for white-box testing.
- Problem solving skills using programmatic solutions
- Ability to communicate effectively with developers, operations, release management
- Ability to understand and articulate how changes in technology impact customer experience, able to lead the test effort and defining strategic testing approach
- Experience in Agile Testing practices is a plus
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: