Software Engineer 3, QualitySan Jose, California Requisition Number R0016422 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
- Write automation testing in Java, Junit, Selenium and other internal Java-based automation frameworks for Frontend, SOA/Services and messaging components
- Contribute to developing sophisticated, stable, internal Java automation frameworks increasing efficiency, re-usability and flexibility supporting a 100+ person QA organization.
- Help develop and enhance eBay’s continuous integration framework, merging build/compile/test/validate processes with scheduling, automated notifications and graduated build deployments
- Contribute to development of environment management, test automation admin and monitoring tools for a large scale, distributed component agile testing environment supporting hundreds of Quality Engineers and Developers across over 1000 servers
- Work with engineers, team leads, managers to help developing innovative testing solutions that meet market needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules, and adherence to testing goals and principles
- Participate in knowledge sharing sessions, present test engineering solutions to others
- Help set vision for automation frameworks, continuous integration environments and test strategies across teams
- Influence development and architecture counterparts to design for testability
- Prioritize and plan testing activities for the broader team including coordinated integration testing for larger projects
- Mentor and train 1-2 other engineers, lead larger projects, prioritize test activities and find creative solutions to blocking issues and problems
- Master’s degree in CS, EE or other technical field +4 years working experience, or bachelor’s +5 years working experience
- Experience with large horizontally scalable distributed component architectures including distributed databases and large web/soa application architectures
- Experience developing and/or testing Soap/XML/Rest & Java/JUnit and java based applications required
- Experience of continuous integration test environments (like Hudson) and automation frameworks like Selenium/WebDriver/TestNG
- Experience working on windows NT and Unix/Linux systems
- Experience with Oracle RDBMS, being able to read and write SQL queries
- Experience with scripting languages such as Perl, Python, etc is a plus.
- Planning skills to design test plans and test cases for larger multi-component products across multiple resources and parallel development tracks
- Quality Assurance background, including JUnit/Code Coverage (Emma)/Mock concepts/Static Analysis is appreciated
- Problem solving skills using programmatic solutions
- Ability to communicate effectively with developers, operations, release management
- Ability to understand and articulate how changes in technology impact customer experience, able to lead the test effort and defining strategic testing approach
- Experience in Agile Testing practices is a plus
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or long term unemployment circumstances. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.