Software Engineer, Back End
San Jose, California
Do you want to make an impact on the world’s largest e-commerce website? Are you interested in building performance efficient, high-volume and highly scalable distributed systems? We have a place for you!
Primary Job Responsibilities:
We are looking for a back-end software engineer to work in Risk product development team, which is responsible for managing seller and buyer risk in eBay marketplace. As a self-motivated and enthusiastic member of our team, you will work with extremely talented peers in a fun environment building world class risk products. You will work in an agile environment with a focus on problem solving and engineering excellence.
• Contribute to a high performing engineering team to design, implement, test and operate key critical services for eBay marketplaces.
• Build critical technology that has an immediate impact on millions of eBay users throughout the world.
• Deliver quality implementations that display high standards and covered by unit tests
- Contribute to the Design, Development and testing of high throughput back-end systems
- Develop efficient, elegant, clean code covered by unit tests
- Participate in design and code review sessions
- 4 + years experience in Back End Java development
-Display a good understanding of computer science fundamentals, RDBMS and nosql concepts
- Display a good understanding of web services and related standards like REST/JSON
- Display a good grasp of java
- Adhere to software development best practices
- Ability to deal with high volume and low latency challenges
- Collaborate with engineers, architects and other stakeholders
- Display a keen sense of ownership on maintainability, scalability, quality of the component
- Participate in architecture discussions, freely propose and discuss solutions to system and product changes
BS in CS or EE or Equivalent
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
At eBay Buyer Experience team, the drive for a faster and sleeker pages constantly inspires me. The fact that my work touches millions of users everyday in one way or the other and to learn what affects a person’s decision to make that purchase brings a sense of fulfillment.–Dileep, Staff Software Engineer
Everyday, I get a chance to work with smart and dedicated people to build the best shopping experience for our customers. Because so many people use eBay, I am proud that my work is impacting people in a positive way.–Steve, Full Stack Software Engineer
Everyday I work with people passionate to deliver great experiences for millions of buyers and sellers. It brings me great joy knowing that the features I work on greatly impact the lives of people from around the world, from all walks of life.–Andrew, Software Engineer
We do things different, the hack way, the happy way. And we celebrate the best way. We are the pirates of eBay!–Shakul, Software Development Manager
eBay gives me the freedom to challenge the status quo. This creates a unique adrenaline rush that pushes all boundaries and paradigms and helps bring out new ideas that ultimately redefine e-commerce shopping experience. If you love such challenges, you'll love work at eBay.–Sriharsha, Software Engineer
What makes a successful Software Developer at eBay? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Medical, Dental,Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, Employee Stock Purchase Program
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
Paid Time Off
16+ Days of Paid Time Off, Paid Maternity leave, Paid Paternity Leave, 11 Paid Holidays
Onsite Gym/Fitness Center
Sabbatical, 4 paid weeks every 5 years