Software Engineer, MTS 2, Selling Team
San Jose, California
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
eBay Inc. is changing the way people connect and shop around the world. Our engineers are revolutionizing commerce by building apps, creating new platforms, and solving complex problems at a massive scale. What you work on here impacts the lives of millions every day. Software engineers at eBay Inc. develop innovative solutions and high quality products that touch millions of people every day around the globe. Our engineers solve some of the most complex technical problems in the world of connected commerce. We’re looking for the highest levels of technical talent and programming skills, as well as a keen desire to deeply understand our products and services to push our technology forward with respect to functionality, performance, reliability, and scalability. You’ll work alongside the best and the brightest engineering talent in the industry. As a core participant of your team, you’ll estimate engineering efforts, prioritize projects, plan implementations, and triage production issues. You need to be dynamic, collaborative, and curious as we build new experiences, improve existing products, and develop distributed systems powering the world’s largest e-commerce website at a scale few companies can match.
- 8+ years of hands-on experience in Java, J2EE technologies, design patterns, object oriented concepts, XML
- 6+ years of experience in database driven consumer web application development scaling to millions of consumers, database schema design, SQL, performance tuning. 4+ years with service oriented architecture.
- Deep expertise in developing highly available, scalable, high performance systems.
- Must be able to do propose trade-offs between feature scope, schedule, resources and architectural flexibility.
- Must be able to independently lead (not manage) engineering teams major systems. Must have both the technical and people skills to be an effective engineering lead. Must be able to work effectively in a matrix organization and work collaboratively across teams
- Must be able to work in fast-paced highly iterative design cycles.
- Must have good analytical, problem solving skills, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have passion for both technology & customer experience
- Must have deep knowledge of core engineering fundamentals and apply them to build world class next generation of product experiences.
- Must be able to provide the force in executing towards company's engineering goals and vision, and must be able to lead the team towards the same.
- Experience with Scala a plus
- Experience with NodeJS a plus
eBay Inc. (NASDAQ: EBAY) is a global commerce leader including the Marketplace, StubHub and Classifieds platforms. Collectively, we connect millions of buyers and sellers around the world, empowering people and creating opportunity through Connected Commerce. Founded in 1995 in San Jose, Calif., eBay is one of the world’s largest and most vibrant marketplaces for discovering great value and unique selection.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
At eBay Buyer Experience team, the drive for a faster and sleeker pages constantly inspires me. The fact that my work touches millions of users everyday in one way or the other and to learn what affects a person’s decision to make that purchase brings a sense of fulfillment.–Dileep, Staff Software Engineer
Everyday, I get a chance to work with smart and dedicated people to build the best shopping experience for our customers. Because so many people use eBay, I am proud that my work is impacting people in a positive way.–Steve, Full Stack Software Engineer
Everyday I work with people passionate to deliver great experiences for millions of buyers and sellers. It brings me great joy knowing that the features I work on greatly impact the lives of people from around the world, from all walks of life.–Andrew, Software Engineer
We do things different, the hack way, the happy way. And we celebrate the best way. We are the pirates of eBay!–Shakul, Software Development Manager
eBay gives me the freedom to challenge the status quo. This creates a unique adrenaline rush that pushes all boundaries and paradigms and helps bring out new ideas that ultimately redefine e-commerce shopping experience. If you love such challenges, you'll love work at eBay.–Sriharsha, Software Engineer
What makes a successful Software Developer at eBay? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Medical, Dental,Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, Employee Stock Purchase Program
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
Paid Time Off
16+ Days of Paid Time Off, Paid Maternity leave, Paid Paternity Leave, 11 Paid Holidays
Onsite Gym/Fitness Center
Sabbatical, 4 paid weeks every 5 years