Software Engineer - QualitySan Jose, California Requisition Number R0038874 Subsidiary eBay
At eBay, you will be part of a purpose-driven community dedicated to creating an ambitious and versatile work environment. In eBay Payments, you will be an integral member of a growing organization that inspires passion, courage, and inventiveness - creating the future of global commerce and making an important, positive impact on millions of eBay sellers and shoppers around the world. If you are looking for a special place to take your Payments career to the next level, we want to talk with you.
As part of the seller experience payments team, you will be part of a great team that builds new experiences that are focused on helping sellers in their payments journey with eBay. Building applications and reconciliation tools for sellers to provide them greater visibility into their finances.
We’re looking for thoughtful engineers with an eye for quality to join our team and help grow ebay payments team while keeping our applications beautiful, fast, and delightful. We seek to hire those that amplify the work we do by sharing knowledge and experience with each other creating new ideas, ways of doing things as part of a world-class engineering organization.
We’re deeply committed to meaningful collaboration and not just practicing Agile, but truly being Agile. There is a difference. We value great minds, problem solvers, respectful communication, hard work, collaboration, and the sharing of ideas. Simply put, we need Amplifiers that go well beyond the average developer’s production.
As a Quality Engineer, you will design, develop, drive and deliver high-level test strategies, methodologies and take a hands-on approach to see that they are implemented timely and efficiently. You will partner with other teams on technical matters and working closely with cross functional teams.
- Deeply understand how all elements of the software components work together
- Develop black box test plans at the feature and product level
- Define quality metrics that provide visibility into the health of each product release
- Write clear, actionable bug reports
- Work closely with engineering teams to ensure quick turnaround on fixes
- Report on test execution, defect tracking and regression for project releases
- Create some level of automation using framework.
- Comfortable communicating cross-functionally
- Strong knowledge of QA methodologies and tools
- Web services testing for REST API, Queues and Automation (Jenkins preferred) using standard frameworks
- Knowledge of various software testing methods (Regression, Load/Stress, Code Coverage Analysis, Black/White box testing, Acceptance, Performance)
- Experience creating effective test plans and BDD test cases
- Experience in creating test plans based on end-user scenarios
- Excellent trouble-shooting and analytical skills.
- Experience in Unit Testing.
- Experience in Security Testing, Accessibility Testing.
- Prior QA automation testing, quality assurance methodologies and processes experience.
- MS and 1+ years experience as software engineer
- Experience in e-Commerce
- Experience in payments/fintech
- Experience testing full-stack applications and/or APIs
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.