SOX Technology ManagerSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0023117
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
SOX PMO Overview: The SOX PMO is tasked with the Company's global compliance with the provisions of Section 404 of The Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 ("SOX"), and ultimately, supporting management’s certification that our internal control environment is operating effectively. The team works closely with key stakeholders across eBay and corporate functions globally, including our technology organizations. In addition to oversight of the global SOX program, the team also supports the business by driving and/or advising in key operational excellence initiatives and drives enhancing of internal controls. The SOX program is part of the company’s Internal Audit department.
Job Description: The SOX Technology Manager will be responsible for supporting management’s certification of our internal control environment, specifically responsible for the IT systems and processes that support the areas in scope for SOX. General responsibilities include understanding the overall IT environment, coordinating management scoping and testing, providing controls guidance for IT systems projects and evaluating deficiencies. The SOX Technology Manager will work closely with process and control owners to ensure the global SOX program is compliant.
The ideal candidate should be a highly motivated individual or a self-starter with a strong work ethic, and should take ownership of projects and tasks. He or she should have strong project management, organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills and be able to see the big picture as well as dig deep into details as necessary. Additional key qualities include financial process understanding, process-oriented thinking, ability to work with others, and ability to lead and effect process change and improvements. This position requires excellent verbal and written communication skills spanning across all levels of management. Lastly, candidates must thrive in a demanding, fast-paced work environment that is energetic, driven, and team-oriented. Responsibilities include:
· Provide guidance to process and control owners on the identification, documentation and testing of key general computing and application-specific controls, reports and system access as well as internal control compliance, testing and self-assessments;
· Work with process and control owners to ensure timely review and updates to process documentation and controls for new and/or existing processes;
· Coordinating and facilitating of SOX testing (working with the stakeholders including, but not limited to external audit, internal audit, and business owners) and development/improvement of detailed testing plans;
· Evaluate IT control deficiencies in accordance with the Company's framework for Evaluating Control Exceptions and Deficiencies and coordinate with process and control owners to remediate identified exceptions;
· Review and analyze attestations and audit reports (SSAE16 and Internal Audit issued reports);
· Prepare reports/presentations on SOX scoping, test status and observations for stakeholders including, but not limited to process owners and management, executive management (CAO, CFO, CEO, CTO, CIO) and Audit Committee;
· Partner closely with compliance team members within the different IT departments (engineering, CIO, and BU IT departments) as well as internal audit on risk assessments and technical audits;
· Identify and recommend application controls and ITGCs to the business as part of their regular business operations and as an active project member for new system implementations;
· Assist with special projects (i.e. process improvements, operational excellence, system implementations, control design);
· Stay current on new technical literature applicable to the internal control process (e.g., PCAOB guidance, SEC, COSO, COBIT, etc.) and abreast of emerging trends and best practices around internal controls;
· BA/BS in Business, IT or a related field
· Minimum of six years of audit experience performing financial audit, SOX compliance and/or operational/IT audits with a strong background in internal controls
· Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance and knowledge of legal, regulatory and industry requirements
· Big4 accounting firm experience
· SAP ERP
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: