SOX Technology Senior AnalystSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0023119 Subsidiary eBay
SOX Technology Senior Analyst
We are tasked with eBay's global compliance with the provisions of Section 404 of The Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 ("SOX"). We are an equal opportunity employer looking for a highly motivated individual. We need a self-starter with a strong work ethic. If you find yourself taking ownership of projects and tasks? Do you have strong project management, organizational, an analytical skills? Can you improve processes through seeing the big picture as well as digging deep into details as necessary? This role may be the next step in your career.
In this role you be responsible for supporting management’s certification of our internal control environment, specifically responsible for the IT systems and processes that support the areas in scope for SOX. General responsibilities include understanding the overall IT environment, coordinating management scoping and testing, providing controls guidance for IT systems and projects and evaluating deficiencies. The SOX Technology Senior Analyst will work closely with business partners to ensure the global SOX program is compliant.
- Oversee process & control owners on the identification, documentation and testing of key IT general controls and application-specific controls, reports and IT tools as well as internal control compliance, testing and self-assessments;
- Work with process & control owners to ensure timely review and updates to process documentation and controls for new and/or existing processes;
- Coordinating, facilitating and performing SOX testing (working with the partners including, but not limited to external audit, internal audit, and business owners);
- Evaluate IT control deficiencies in accordance with the eBay's framework for Evaluating Control Exceptions and Deficiencies and coordinate with process and control owners to remediate identified exceptions;
- Review and analyze attestations and audit reports (SSAE16 and Internal Audit issued reports);
- Prepare reports/presentations on SOX scoping, test status and observations for partners including, but not limited to process owners and management, executive management (CAO, CFO, CEO, CTO, CIO) and Audit Committee;
- Partner closely with compliance team members within the different IT departments (engineering, CIO, and BU IT departments) as well as internal audit on risk assessments and technical audits;
- Identify and recommend application controls and ITGCs to the business as part of their regular business operations and as an active project member for new system implementations;
- Assist with special projects (i.e. improvements in execution, operational excellence, system implementations, control design);
- Stay current on new technical literature applicable to the internal control process (e.g., PCAOB guidance , SEC, COSO, COBIT, etc.) and abreast of emerging trends and standard methodologies around internal controls;
- BA/BS in Business, IT or a related field
- Minimum of four years of audit experience performing financial audit, SOX compliance and/or operational/IT audits with a strong background in internal controls
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance and knowledge of legal, regulatory and industry requirements
- Big4 accounting firm experience
- SAP ERP
- Bachelor Degree Required
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: