Sr Director, Global CollectionsAustin, Texas Requisition Number R0030206 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and creativity, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and versatile workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
We’re looking for a humble but ambitious, seasoned professional to lead the Global Collections team, responsible for collecting eBay revenue worldwide. If you're a highly-motivated, analytical, results-oriented leader with great communication, intellectual curiosity, and cross-functional collaboration, this is the job for you.
The Sr. Director of Global Collections will lead a team of 20+ FTEs based in Austin, Dublin & China, alongside 400 contractors working for our Outside Collection Agency (OCA) partners. The majority of the FTE team is in Austin, where this role will be located as well. The Sr. Director is responsible for forecasting & delivering global bad debt, in addition to partnering with Billing, Risk, & the regions to identify and execute plans to reduce bad debt.
- Supervise the execution of all aspects of bad debt collection & partner management
- Deliver quarterly targets for bad debt, early & late stage roll rate, and charge-off recovery for core on-platform Marketplaces, plus select adjacencies (Gumtree UK & AU, Kijiji CA & IT, eBay Kleinanzeigen, Mobile.de, and Marktplaats)
- Develop and manage bad debt forecasting process, analysis, reporting and scorecard
- Partner with Billing & Risk for early identification of fraud that could lead to bad debt; devise ways to combat fraud breakouts without impairing performing gross merchandise volume
- Provide monthly updates to NA, Europe & eBay Classifieds to review actuals, forecast & trends
- Partner closely with Controllership to align on global rates and any changes to quarterly accruals
- Ensure OCA partners are performing to SLAs and maintaining a ~5 to 1 ROI; make decisions on when to terminate OCA relationships and/or add new partners; ensure smooth on/off ramp
- Set “tone at the top” and prioritize Collections internal audit process; ensure any gaps identified are being addressed in a timely manner
- Utilize Collection Analytics to identify early trends & drive action with key stakeholders to address
- Partner with Managed Payments team to lead through upcoming changes in billing/invoicing
- Ensure robust process in place for Collections Production team, responsible for communication with past due sellers & account suspension process
- Perform ad hoc analysis to understand bad debt impact of various business changes
- Create long-term plan to reduce bad debt rates to <1% globally
- 15+ years related collections, billing, risk or customer service experience; at least 5 years of collections experience.
- Management experience required, leading large, diverse global teams
- Possess a BS/BA degree (finance, accounting or economics preferred)
- Demonstrate knowledge of Collections and OCA management (domestic & international)
- Demonstrate strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills with attention to detail
- Flexible, resourceful, “can-do” service oriented attitude
- Well-organized ability to prioritize and multi-task in a busy, dynamic and ever-changing environment
- Excellent cross-functional collaboration skills
- Excellent social, written and oral communications skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: