SR. DIRECTOR, GLOBAL FACILITY OPERATIONSSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0031206 Subsidiary eBay
About eBay, Inc. (NASDAQ: EBAY)
eBay is a global commerce leader including the Marketplace, StubHub and Classifieds platforms. Collectively, we connect millions of buyers and sellers around the world, empowering people and creating opportunity through Connected Commerce. Founded in 1995 in San Jose, Calif., eBay is one of the world's largest and most vibrant marketplaces for discovering great value and unique selection. For more information about the company and its global portfolio of online brands, visit www.ebayinc.com.
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
The eBay Global Portfolio consists of over 90 locations, 4.5m sq ft, in 33 countries supporting over 17,000 employees – the planning, design, construction and management of this portfolio is led by our Global Workplace Resources Organization
The largest concentration of employees at eBay is in San Jose, California. The South and Orchard Campuses total 750,000 sq ft and accommodates over 4,000 employees.
The Executive Leadership of eBay has made a clear commitment to offer high quality employee services and amenities and is making significant investments to continue the transformation of the employee experience and workplace globally
For example, in San Jose at the South HQ Campus employees enjoy a multi-purpose conference center, campus lobby, boardroom / executive conference room area, media center, extensive employee café, pub and coffee bar. An Employee Services Center provides employees with full support in terms of badging, IT support and equipment. A rolling program is underway to transform the workplace areas on a floor by floor basis, so far 14 of 20 floors across eight buildings have been re-modelled.
We are in search for a Senior Director of Global Facility Operations to oversee the day to day running of our global facility portfolio and to lead a high performing, multi-cultural facility operations team, comprising 30 Full Time employees and over 1,000 outsourced team members, reporting to the Head of Global Workplace Resources.
This is a superb opportunity to join eBay, the global Workplace Resources Team and to make a real difference to the employee experience at the company running facility operations around the world 24 X 7 for our three key businesses: eBay Marketplace, eBay Classifieds and StubHub.
- Oversee the day to day running of our global facility operations including: facility management, employee amenities, transportation, office services, health & safety & the project management of smaller scale facility projects i.e less than $250k in value.
- Plan, submit, review and manage the significant global facility expense and capital budget for the company partnering closely with the Manager of WPR Business Operations & Financial Planning
- Partner with our Strategic Planning Team and understand regional business strategies and translate them to facility operational requirements, providing quality facility services
- Partner within the Workplace Resources Org (Real Estate, Space Planning, Design & Construction) and across the company (Security, HR, Finance, IT, Procurement, Legal, Diversity & Inclusion) to ensure that facility goals and objectives are achieved
- Proactively identify and recommend initiatives that focus on service improvements, cost reductions, quality improvements, risk mitigation, industry trends and other relevant factors that affect workplace effectiveness (BMS, lighting, HVAC, furniture, etc).
- Oversee the efficient delivery of facility services, considering the following as performance measures: quality, cost and timeliness.
- Communicate with internal stakeholders & leaders to ensure alignment and smooth execution of facility projects on time and within budget
- Develop & implement standardized/best practice facility management processes to create long term efficiencies.
- Partner with the eBay Green Team providing energy data and ensuring a focus on the environmental standards of our global facilities
- Ensure a managed approach to receive & resolve workplace maintenance & service requests and feedback
- Travel to global facility locations and teams (approximately 35%of the time), raising the profile of Facility Operations to employees and senior management
- A positive energized team player with a proven commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
- Great interpersonal communication skills, an enthusiastic and dynamic team player, with a positive and “Can Do” attitude to get the job done
- Extensive management experience in the following: running global facilities, staff development, outsourcing and contractor management, building maintenance
- Extensive knowledge of financial management practices and budget planning procedures.
- Demonstrated leadership experience including managing local and non-local teams, leading change management, and managing crisis situations (i.e. Business Continuity)
- Demonstrated success building global teams and managing across multiple locations and diverse cultures.
- Proven ability to effectively present information and respond to questions and sensitive issues from senior management, managers, customers, suppliers and contractors.
- Demonstrated skill delivering strategic approaches, with agile execution while supporting growth.
- Demonstrated skill at delivering to performance objectives, for scope, schedule and cost.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both in verbal and written form, especially in remote management situations.
- Ability to listen to others to understand their perspectives, to define and communicate objectives and programs effectively, and persuade vendors and contractors to perform to meet commitments.
- Willingness to take necessary actions to deliver on commitments and driven to deliver results.
- Persuasive, credible and timely communicator who earns the trust of colleagues and senior management.
- Excellent collaborator: capable of working with others to find solutions to complex problems.
- Exceptional negotiator: experienced in a variety of services & contract types.
- Effective vendor management: focused on the delivery of excellent customer service.
- BA/BS degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Architecture, Design or Business; MBA preferred; ability to speak a second language is useful
- 15+ years of corporate facility management experience with 10+ years of experience in leadership roles, ideally for a technology company
- Minimum of 10+ years of direct staff management experience and management of outsourced service providers in a fast-paced, technology focused office environment.
- Experience of working globally and across cultures required
- Facilities certification (CFM, IFMA credentials, PMP certification)
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: