Sr.Director, Risk Strategy & GovernanceSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0022205 Subsidiary eBay
As the Sr. Director of Risk Strategy & Governance, you will have a rare opportunity to establish and grow a new team for eBay and be responsible for the development and implementation of the Payments risk management portion of eBay's strategic business plan.
This is a critical leadership position in our Risk Management organization within eBay's Payments business unit. Working within Payments, you will collaborate with cross-functional teams in Finance, Legal, Compliance, and Product to ensure that eBay has a plan to successfully create the risk policies, procedures and platform to maximize revenues, effectively manage risk, and efficiently utilize operating expense to deliver an outstanding buying and selling experience for our customers.
You will hire and develop a highly skilled team knowledgeable in industry best practices & passionate about learning and communicating emerging developments in risk management and fraud prevention. You will define a strong planning processes aligned with our Payments Strategy, Risk Analytics and Finance functions to guide the development, prioritization, and measurement of Risk Management objectives.
You will lead vendor strategy with the aim of creating state of the art enhanced authentication, authorization, and loss management capabilities. Your team will craft clear metrics to gauge price/performance options for various account and transaction risk and fraud mitigation strategies to guide cross-functional eBay teams in making sound vendor choices.
You will build a communications and education strategy to inform internal teams about the transformation of Risk Management at eBay and the core concepts in risk management and best practices.
- Deep understanding of risk management in multiple areas: underwriting, fraud mitigation for online or mobile payment transaction processing, loss mitigation and recovery, and payments compliance
- Strong knowledge of regulatory and payments operating rules related to risk management for multiple forms of payment
- Expertise in leading analytics functions in planning and prioritizing strategic initiatives
- Excellent problem solving skills – the ability to tap into a wide range of previous experience, internal and external technologies, and advanced concepts to solve complex, and sometimes conflicting, business objectives across multiple functions
- Consistent track record collaborating across complex organizations to become a trusted advisor providing thought leadership to help teams balance near term and long range plans to achieve corporate objectives
- 10+ years experience in building and developing teams in dynamic, tech-savvy organizations
- 7+ years experience in Management Consulting, or equivalent
- Undergraduate degree in mathematics, finance, or related field
- MS/MBA/MA degree or equivalent experience
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: