Sr. Director, Product - Search ScienceSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0019265
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
This role will report into the VP of Search Product for eBay. The role includes Product Leadership of the Search Algorithms and Navigational Tools, and focuses on driving customer success by improving result relevance, and search conversion. Search is core to eBay’s success and this executive will drive innovation for a key part of eBay’s buying flow. This is a critical hire for the Search Product Leadership Team as this candidate will spearhead the Search Science product strategy and roadmap; address business requirements; define features and functionality; set timelines and lead a cross-functional team through development and implementation. This leader will deliver both new products and key features that will increase relevance, improve engagement, and drive conversion.
The ideal candidate will have previously built robust, scalable platforms that enable and drive innovation and go-to-market efficiency. He/she must ensure that the company is forward thinking in core technical competencies such as the scale and quality of the customer experience. Ideally, the candidate will have demonstrated leadership in Search roles or have significant experience in data science and large scale, high performance runtime systems. As Search is so key to eBay buyer’s and seller’s success, Search is a key partner for many teams who depend on the buyer experience and who use Search Technologies in their products. The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to thrive in highly matrixed organizations, collaborating with a broad range of teams. Equally important is proven management skills. This person will be responsible for recruiting, retaining, and scaling a high-performing product team. This will require someone with exceptional leadership skills and an understanding of how to manage a diverse group of highly talented individuals.
This leader will be expected to lead, mentor and grow eBay’s Search Science and Metrics Product Teams; and to iterate on eBay’s current Search experience and develop world-class products that dramatically improve the buying experience on eBay. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in defining products, collecting requirements, writing detailed specifications, coordinating effort to scope, schedule and deploy new features; as well as analyzing cost/benefit of feature selection. The ideal candidate will have an intuitive sense for building products for a 21st-century marketplace business that is an umbrella of millions of sellers/retailers and understand the customer experience between buyers and sellers. This leader will have a unique, compelling way of bringing the customer viewpoint into every decision in the company. eBay requires someone who understands the importance of making the entire customer process smooth and totally transparent.
• Build and scale the Search Science and Search Metrics product organizations.
• Set the forward-looking vision for eBay’s Search experience and technology and how it fits into the buyer experience and marketplace.
• Lead strategy and planning for the Search Science roadmap to drive aggressive growth in the global ecommerce platform.
• Exceptional knowledge of, and experience with, product platforms, high performance realtime systems, data science and machine learning.
• Coordinate with the entire Search Product Management Leadership Team in the development of a product that sets a new user experience benchmark for interactive online shopping and increases the conversion and Lifetime Value of eBay’s customers.
• Formulate and communicate long-term objectives & expectations, define strategic direction.
• Partner closely with Engineering and other key stakeholders to deliver highly relevant results and shopping experience
Recruit, develop and mentor world-class product talent.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in a complex, matrixed global organization.
- Track record of leading the product development of successful and widely respected consumer web and mobile products.
- Experienced in Search & Browse experiences, Data Science and Personalization.
- Experience managing A/B testing systems and analytic groups.
- Highly motivated to excel with an intrinsic drive for continuous improvement.
- Experience building and shipping large-scale online services for consumers.
- Have a track record of developing solid working relationships with partners.
View our accessibility infoR0019265
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or long term unemployment circumstances. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.