Sr. Frontend engineer (MTS 1)
San Jose, California
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and creativity, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re passionate about joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
Who are we?
We are the Browse & Engagement team in Shopping Experience Org. Our team owns the Home page, Browse, Myebay Buying and various other engagement experiences. We drive billions of dollars in revenue via millions of page views delivered daily across the globe, across all devices & browsers. Our team is highly visible in the organization, has direct business impact to eBay’s top line revenue and has customer impact globally. What we work on here impacts the lives of millions every day. Performance, accuracy, real-time systems, scalability and availability are paramount.
We’re looking for the highest levels of technical talent and programming skills, as well as a keen desire to deeply understand our products and services to push our technology forward with respect to functionality, performance, reliability, and scalability.
If you are looking for a challenging opportunity, join us and invent the next generation of ecommerce.
Our agile teams are based in San Jose, California. The team works on technologies such as Java, Node.js, web-services, browser-related technologies (jQuery, React, HTML5, etc.), iOS, Android and database solutions (NoSQL, Oracle, etc.). Like everything else at eBay, we build scalable and highly-available systems for the millions of users that depend on us to conduct their businesses.
Primary job responsibilities
- Work with PM and UED teams to create innovative product solutions to meet business objectives
- Collaborate with architects, engineers, QA and Operations teams to design and develop strategic and tactical solutions
- Work jointly with other team members to deliver complex applications
- Implement working prototypes for testing new ideas
- Participate and contribute to design and code reviews for producing quality code
- Share engineering support and release
- Communicate with technical and non-technical audiences
Required skills / experience
- 7+ years of software design and development experience or MS in Computer Science plus 5 years of experience in front-end development, solid foundation in computer science fundamentals with strong competencies in problem solving and software design
- Familiarity with front-end development tools such as npm, grunt, browserify.
- Passion for shipping high quality, clean, tested code with an aim to delight users.
- A passion for building pixel perfect applications to delight our UX designers.
- Experience with node.js
- Craft optimized CSS with LESS or SASS
- Knowledge of cross-browser, cross-platform, and design constraints on the web.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
At eBay Buyer Experience team, the drive for a faster and sleeker pages constantly inspires me. The fact that my work touches millions of users everyday in one way or the other and to learn what affects a person’s decision to make that purchase brings a sense of fulfillment.–Dileep, Staff Software Engineer
Everyday, I get a chance to work with smart and dedicated people to build the best shopping experience for our customers. Because so many people use eBay, I am proud that my work is impacting people in a positive way.–Steve, Full Stack Software Engineer
Everyday I work with people passionate to deliver great experiences for millions of buyers and sellers. It brings me great joy knowing that the features I work on greatly impact the lives of people from around the world, from all walks of life.–Andrew, Software Engineer
We do things different, the hack way, the happy way. And we celebrate the best way. We are the pirates of eBay!–Shakul, Software Development Manager
eBay gives me the freedom to challenge the status quo. This creates a unique adrenaline rush that pushes all boundaries and paradigms and helps bring out new ideas that ultimately redefine e-commerce shopping experience. If you love such challenges, you'll love work at eBay.–Sriharsha, Software Engineer
What makes a successful Software Developer at eBay? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem-solver 10
- Quick-thinking 9
- Creative 8
- Productive 7
- Courageous 6
- Team Player 5
Medical, Dental,Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, Employee Stock Purchase Program
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
Paid Time Off
16+ Days of Paid Time Off, Paid Maternity leave, Paid Paternity Leave, 11 Paid Holidays
Onsite Gym/Fitness Center
Sabbatical, 4 paid weeks every 5 years