Sr. Manager, Risk AnalyticsSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0026112 Subsidiary eBay
Sr. Manager, Risk Analytics
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re passionate about joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
The Global Payments, Billing & Risk (GPBR) function at eBay works to ensure great experiences when buyers and sellers come together and engage in commerce on the biggest marketplace in the world. This involves comprehensively understanding Payments, Billing & Risks on platform. Identifying the opportunity areas and helping build scalable solutions to drive great user experience.
Analytics is critical for a data driven Payments function. Core analytics capabilities include the ability to instrument critical metrics, identify the landscape of the entire function, figure out opportunities for improvement, work with product and payment providers to craft scalable solutions, and monitor their performance. We build this behavioral intelligence by exploring creative interpretations of existing and new sources of data, using advanced analytical techniques, and overlaying the appropriate strategies to deliver exceptional results.
We are multi-disciplinary with a broad spectrum of industry experiences and deep analytical and quantitative expertise. We are currently seeking a high energy, driven, collaborative team member that brings extensive problem solving skills to further the goal of applying cutting-edge risk analytics, insights and visualization to drive the risk management roadmap.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Frame a business question in terms of analytics and structure the required analyses.
- Work with large volumes of data; extract and manipulate large datasets, using eBay’s massive and rich databases
- Work with global partners (like Risk Policy, Risk Product, Technology, Trust, Operations, Compliance, InfoSec, & Payment Providers). Understand entry points for fraud sellers and fraud buyers. Build products & policies that prevent fraud and create phenomenal user experiences. Facilitate timely and informed decision making by delivering high quality analytical results.
- Design, plan, and execute methodologies to measure successes of business initiatives.
- Develop, improve and systemize crisp & accurate reporting. Streamline processes and identify/execute on automation and time-saving opportunities.
- Rapidly learn new concepts (technical, risk, business, payments flow, external innovation in payments relevant to risk management) is a critical success factor in this role
- Willingness to join immediately
- BS/BA degree or equivalent, with 8+ years of related professional experience with 2+ years of supervisory experience
- Experience in efficient manipulation and analysis of large data sets
- Advanced SQL, SAS, Excel capabilities, deep understanding of database concepts along with experience in Teradata and Oracle
- Strong knowledge and experience in Statistics and Optimization (Multivariate testing, Experiment design, A/B testing, Forecasting and Predictive analytics and Optimization algorithms); hands-on experience in building and using Statistical and Machine Learning models a plus
- Strong programming skills (SQL, Hadoop MapReduce, Java, Python), and statistical modeling (SAS, SPSS or R)
- Degree in quantitative disciplines like Statistics, Econometrics, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Operations Research or Computer Science
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: