Sr. Product Manager 2 - TechnicalSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0033559
The Search Experience team is responsible for the search page, a component critical to the business of eBay’s core marketplaces across the globe. It operates within the Buyer Experience charter, tasked with creating world-class user experiences that buyers love. The Search Experience team thus strives to build an experience that enables users to easily explore, find, and buy what they want at the best value through an engaging, frictionless, and trusted Search experience, helping them make confident purchase decisions. Also, as the page is one of the primary intersections of eBay programs, the success of the team is built on close partnerships with an array of other product organizations, including Search Science, Ads, Shipping, Selling, Mobile, Local, and Geographic Expansion.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
We are seeking a Senior Product Manager, who is passionate about online commerce and the buyer experience, to join the Search Experience product team. This person will primarily be data-driven and analytical to draw insights from current product performance to help build the Search Services plan on the Search Response Page (SRP). The candidate will be responsible for working closely with eBay Partner teams to deliver great buyer experiences, and will be directly responsible for executing on key initiatives for the search page. This person will also be heavily involved in gathering insights for features on the search page by leveraging business analytics and user experience research. The person must be able to synthesize data from multiple sources (including analytics, user research, marketing research, and design) to drive visions for how users will interact with search and listings across multiple domains and programs.
This person will need to work with a large number of teams within eBay to make these visions successful, so building close, effective relationships with partner Product Managers will be critical. In addition, this person will translate product strategy into detailed specifications, make functional and user interface design tradeoffs, manage product launches and own the product successes post-launch. Having the experience and ability to write clear, consistent and detailed product specs will be essential. He or she will work closely with a cross-functional team of engineering, design, analytics, product marketing, and user research to deliver these products.
- Act as primary liaison between partner Product Managers to ensure fluid planning, design, and development of new and existing features
- Plan roadmaps according to strong product visions, bounded by finite engineering resources
- Define product requirements including writing clear, detailed, and thorough specifications for complex features and products
- Analyze user behavior data, user experience research, and marketing research to understand and drive new features & improvements
- Work with the Product Development team to ensure extensibility and scalability with the technical design
- Work with the Quality Engineering team to ensure the final delivery meets product requirements
- Solicit feedback and communicate product benefits and changes to the user community
- Ensure product vision and requirements are defined globally and for all devices, meeting the needs of global eBay sites and mobile apps, and support the goal of a single global marketplace
- 8+ years of product management or related experience. Passionate about quality products.
- Strong understanding of user interaction, design, and research
- Strong analytic skills and ability to synthesize data from multiple sources
- Demonstrated experience in writing unambiguous and clear technical specifications
- Experience working closely with internal partners on product planning, design, and development
- Experience successfully managing multiple projects through product life cycle from concept to delivery while meeting schedules and budget
- Passionate advocate for user, and has proven results in achieving superb user experience within tight constraints
- Strong cross functional team leader
- Demonstrated leadership ability, self-motivated and directed, entrepreneurial ability to innovate quickly
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Degree in a technical discipline or equivalent industry experience
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: