Sr. Software Engineer, QualitySan Jose, California Requisition Number R0032339 Subsidiary eBay
We’re looking for smart, passionate and professional people who have experience testing online or digital products. We offer a fun, empowering and innovative work culture that is all about being focused on the customer and doing the right thing.
Our team aims to provide excellent quality engineering services. Yes, we do work hard. On the other hand work/life balance is very important to us, so we also make a great effort to accommodate people's personal lives. Helping and supporting the team should come naturally to you. Constant learning is an integral part of our culture. We aspire to be world-class at everything we do.
- Develop best in class test automation code
- Conduct non functional testing, including web accessibility, product app security, server side load and performance and client side page speed
- Improve product and code testability
- Architect new environments and develop tools to improve efficiency of product development
- Evangelize quality of your product
- Collaborate with other functions including product management, product development, designers, business analysts and business users
- Plan, define and execute test strategies in a multi-screen, multi-platform, multi-language web application environment and ensure they are released to production with high quality
Technical & Testing Skills
- Strong computer science fundamentals including data structures and algorithms
- Strong coding skills, preferably in one or more high level programming languages. Java a plus
- Experience with automation testing frameworks Selenium/Webdriver/TestNG
- Proficient with at least one of following types of databases - Relational, columnar or NoSQL databases (Oracle, Teradata, Hadoop, MongoDB)
- Knowledge of scripting languages like Perl/Python/PHP
- Familiarity with server side load and performance testing tools like jMeter
- Experience with at least one form of non-functional testing like web product security, page accessibility and client side page speed.
- Familiarity with mobile operating systems like iOS, Android
- Familiarity with mobile application testing tools, emulators, and mobile application development environment
- Experience with test modelling, test design and test reporting
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: