Strategic Risk Partner ManagerSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0029211 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a company that reassures passion, courage and creativity, where you can be part of the team crafting the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you are interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to building a forward-thinking and versatile work environment, join eBay – a company you'll be proud to be a part of.
eBay is seeking a Strategic Risk Partner Manager to help support, optimize, and scale our strategic partnerships. Within our exciting new payments organization at eBay, you will be in the front line of innovation while helping deliver business value through the current, evolving and future partnerships. The role spreads across a number of areas including two areas: Risk Management, and supporting achievement of financial loss targets. Be a highly organized individual with strong technical acumen, keen ability to navigate multiple moving pieces to drive projects, a knack for problem solving through teamwork, and passion for creating order out chaos. You shouldn't be intimidated by navigating large and complex organizations, people, and driving outcomes. Excellent project management and interpersonal skills, ability to confidently communicate with senior executives, along with an excellent sense of humor will be key drivers for your success in this role.
- Understand technical aspects of integrations/solutions and payments risk implications and act as connector/influencer to different key partners across eBay and key strategic partners.
- Drive on-time delivery of Risk projects/commitments (to and from key strategic partners), action items and follow ups, ensure execution and delivery of joint risk initiatives, achievement of financial loss targets and avoid eBay’s potential exposure.
- Help manage multiple projects and work streams, drive follow ups and deliverables across internal and external cross functional teams, identify and implement process improvements to optimize and scale the day-to-day strategic relationships.
- Create regular and streamlined communication cadences with stakeholders, centralize reporting and accountability
- Actively and efficiently, handle risk related partner escalations. Regularly monitor key performance metrics and support weekly reporting across eBay and key strategic partners' leadership
- Help coordinate/organize risk working sessions, key meetings and quarterly business reviews with key strategic partners to align on upcoming opportunities.
Experience & Skills
- 5+ years of relevant risk and/or payments experience.
- BS/BA required Highly analytical, and data driven, but also a creative and empirical problem solver
- Experience successfully leading, executing and delivering key initiatives in complex matrix organizations (please provide examples)
- Ability to make actionable recommendations under minimal structure, and quickly build consensus with partners (please provide examples)
- You are a self-starter, with an eye for detail, and real passion for delivering on our business goals through effective relationship building (please provide examples)
- Reciprocal and resourceful teammate, with proven record of delivering results within rapid growth environments
- High energy, persistent personality, and social and presentation skills
- Great sense of humor
- Ability to understand eBay business model from the risk management and payments perspective, technical integration concepts, and competitive landscape
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: