Sr. Technical Product ManagerSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0036920 Subsidiary eBay
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
About the team:
Core Technology (CT) is a global team responsible for the end-to-end eBay technology platform. This platform runs our entire infrastructure and all the services that come together to form ebay.com.
Senior Technical Product Manager
eBay, Inc. is seeking an experienced Technical Product Manager to join the Cloud Infrastructure and Platform Services team. We would need a top-notch product leader to bring innovation to eBay’s Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) solution. Our goal is to make eBay’s Engineers supremely productive by transforming how we deploy, test and run software. We do this by managing infrastructure complexities that operate at global scale and in an automated, self-service way.
Reporting to the Director of Product Management, you will be responsible for developing product features, roadmaps, customer/partner teams' engagement, with a strong execution focus in an agile environment. eBay Inc., is an innovative environment and is evolving at a rapid pace. We need our cloud services to delight eBay’s innovators. This role requires someone who is passionate about how cloud platforms are managed, consumed, and operated in the most secure, scalable and repeatable manner possible.
- Understanding and strong experiences in Cloud technologies, especially Kubernetes
- Ability to interact with personnel at all levels, across business units and to comprehend complex business initiatives
- Should be able to articulate product requirements to various audiences (high level to deep low level technical).
- Very passionate about building innovative features while balancing need for business continuity in the most efficient & reliable manner
- Proven knowledge of virtualization (VMware, OpenStack), Containerization, Cluster management solutions and the cloud technologies landscape
- Proficient with security audits & compliance and “always on” services
- Knowledge and expertise in Agile/Scrum and Kanban development methodologies
- Very Strong automation experiences to promote productivity
- Knowledge and understanding across a breadth of technology domains, with the ability to quickly assimilate the inter-relationships of various disciplines
- Good leadership skills; proactive; build transparency
- Learning Mindset; Team player; “Can Do” attitude
- Customer engagement management
- Collaborate closely with DevOps Engineers, Partners, Internal customers, Product Managers & Management
- Lead reporting progress for portfolio of products/ tools
- Periodic and timely reporting to management, customers and other stakeholders
- Manage organization, tracking and delivery of cloud-based automation solutions
- Build repeatable structures that help usher in operational rigor promotes visibility to management, customers and partner teams.
- Be a top performer who thrives in a very fast-paced and demanding environment, thinks critically, delivers quickly, and collaborates across a variety of functions.
- Demonstrate strong internal drive, a tenacious spirit, a collaborative method of working
- Drive delivery of complex technology projects on time.
- Excellent communication skills, diplomacy, collaboration, good judgment and killer instincts are important success factors for this role. You know how to get things done and get the best out of your collaborators without burning your bridges.
- BSCS or other 4-year technical degree, plus 5+ years related development and/or technical product management work experience. MS or MBA a plus, but not required
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: