Sr. UX DesignerSan Jose, California
New York, New York Requisition Number R0028530 Subsidiary eBay
At eBay, we are changing the way people connect and shop around the world. We are revolutionizing commerce by designing experiences our customers love - at a massive scale. Your work will impact the lives of millions of buyers and sellers every single day. The Ads, Traffic & Merchandising Team (ATM) is responsible for delivering the experiences and products that bring users to eBay, help them find the perfect item, and bring them back to eBay they next time they want to buy something.
Role & Responsibilities
As a designer in ATM, you will work within the larger Shopping Experience Design Team and be responsible for improving data and algorithm-driven products for eBay customers and internal team members.
• Partner with researchers, strategists, product managers, engineers, designers, and other professionals from across the country (and the world) to define and build products that will create a positive user experience on eBay.
• Deliver wireframes, visual design, prototypes and final specs as needed
• Collaborate with designers across eBay on projects that cross team borders
• Present your work in weekly design reviews and make your voice heard
• Support product leads and articulate design decisions to product stakeholders and leadership
• Balance opinion and intuition with data and analysis
• Be the voice of the user
To succeed at eBay, any designer should:
• Be proactive when it comes to learning about your product or increasing your familiarity with a new product or technology
• Be a clear verbal and written communicator - including to non-designers
• Be able to present your work from initial thoughts and concepts to final version
• Create solutions that come from a user-centric perspective.
• Have an understanding of design principles for the web and mobile devices
• We don’t expect you to write code, but if you can, that’s a bonus.
• Be proficient and flexible with your tools
• We primarily use Sketch, but experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, etc counts
• Be familiar with Prototyping for both micro-interactions and larger flows - whether you use Principle, Origami, Keynote, Axure, InVision, or another tool/framework.
5+ years experience as a UX Designer
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: