Manager, Indirect TaxSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0034162 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a global commerce leader where you can shape how the world buys, sells, and gives? Where you’ll be supported in challenging convention, taking risks, and innovating? Where you’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago? Where you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact for people across the globe? We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
About the team:
Our team oversees all aspects of eBay’s finance, analytics, and information technology functions – including controllership, procurement, financial planning and analysis, tax, treasury, audit, mergers and acquisitions, and investor relations. At eBay, we love data, so finance plays a critical role in establishing strategic focus, enabling growth, ensuring execution and driving efficiencies across the organization.
We are looking for an experienced Manager for our Indirect Tax team. This position will be primarily based in the eBay office located in San Jose, California.
- Lead various indirect tax aspects of our global businesses and new country expansion
- Collaborate and coordinate with various business resources, other tax functions, and external tax advisors
- Deliver timely and accurate indirect tax advice to business divisions
- Advise on inter-company relationships and transaction
- Keeping up-to-date on current indirect tax practices and technical issues
- Implement, review and optimize SAP processes dealing with indirect taxes, tax codes, and reporting
- Liaising with finance / shared services in respect of issues identified during compliance process (e.g. incorrect invoice postings)
- Assist with developing training material to be deployed to key functions within the business
- Liaise with third party advisors, as required, who may assist in running all or some of the above
- Familiarity with the indirect taxation trends of the digital economy
- Strong project management and organization skills
- Capable to working independently while acting as part of a global tax team
- Working experience in multiple regions and multinational environments
- Confidence, poise and diplomacy when interacting with all levels of management and tax authorities
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a concise manner in both written and verbal presentations
- Proven passion and track record of delivering results in a rapidly changing business environment
- Strong client focus; good listening, negotiation and problem-resolution skills
- A great sense of accuracy
- Strong issue identification and mitigation skills
- A top-tier indirect tax consultant with experience in tax consultancy and/or industry
- 5+ years of tax experience
- Relevant working knowledge of SAP, especially indirect tax functionality
- Bachelor's degree, with an emphasis in Tax, Accounting, or equivalent is required; advanced degree is helpful
- Fluent English language skills required
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: