Unix Systems Admin 3San Jose, California Requisition Number R0012457 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
This is an 12 hour shift (6:30 AM - 6:30 PM PST) role. Will be on for multiple shifts, and then have multiple days off.
• Manage and monitor systems to drive troubleshooting and tuning
• First and second tier resolution of production issues and alerts
• Understand all components of the eBay site infrastructure in order to analyze impact of alarms and other system messages
• Work with external teams to diagnose complex problems and drive resolution
• Utilize industry standard and custom tools to diagnose and resolve production issues
• Resolve errors and alarms quickly and provide timely escalation
• Complete tasks required to maintain service levels and availability of all site features and functions
• Help lead development efforts, especially in tools and automation projects
• Perform Systems Engineering Tasks as needed
• Coordinate with vendors and assist in hardware replacements.
• At all times ensure efficient and reliable ebay.com
• 5+ years of Unix Systems Engineering Experience
• Ability to manage and troubleshoot large scale systems and high transaction web operations environments
• Passionate about Operations - you like to make things run and fix them when they break
• Ability to work on many tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment
• Willing to work in a shift model during the day, 12 hours a shift, multiple shifts in a row
• Experienced with large and distributed systems like cloud computing (Hadoop,) web services, multi-tier serving architectures etc.
• Knowledge of common system administration tools, Networking (LAN and WAN,) Unix, Windows, Load balancers, DNS, TCP/IP and Storage technologies
• Advanced working experience with scripting especially in creating tools to automate repetitive tasks
• Advanced knowledge of scripting languages (Perl, PHP, Python, Ruby, TCL or similar)
• Production experience with large scale system deployment and configuration tools
• Proven problem solving skills with an emphasis on quick problem resolution
• Excellent verbal, written and documentation skills
is a Subsidiary of eBay.
View accessibility info here
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or long term unemployment circumstances. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.