Manager, Business Analytics 2Seoul, South Korea Requisition Number R0038062
To support the rapid business growth in Japan, we are currently seeking for a high caliber Senior Manager to lead Japan analytics team. The team partners closely work with all key operation functions (CEO, CFO, BU Heads etc.) and is aimed to deliver strategic analytics insights to help optimize business decision making process. A sound candidate would have strong strategic and critical thinking capabilities with a strong track record of delivering analytical insights to senior executives. The successful candidate will also need to have strong people leadership and 2-5 years of people management experiences given the size of the team he/she will manage (3+ analysts).
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop systematic frameworks to help the business understand drivers of performance variances coming from external demand, seller inventories, trust, product and shipping. Engineer/reverse engineer to propel business growth.
- Dimension potential impacts from key events to help business foresee business risks and opportunities. Prepare the business with more accurate financial outlook as well as providing actionable recommendations to guide BU on actions to mitigate risks.
- Deep understanding on both seller and buyer behaviors under external stimuli. Develop innovative methodologies to address complex business problems.
- Lead the team to successfully deliver high priority analytics projects and drive business insights/actions. Provide business consultancy to CEO/CFO based on analytical insights generated. Single source of truth for CEO to address strategic level questions.
- Work under pressure. Capable to help lift the team to deliver urgent projects under time constraints. Be able to prioritize and re-deploy resources under situations with resource constraints. Proactively drive project progress and initiate high impact projects.
- Become subject-matter expert on ecommerce analytics at eBay. Connect with global analytics communities to exchange best practice and collaborate to work on global initiatives.
The role is data and analytically intensive. Successful candidates will offer a strategic perspective, sound business judgment, deep analytical capabilities, and a collaborative working style. He/She will possess strong intellectual curiosity, and a passion for achieving practical business impact. Skills in problem definition, rigorous analysis, and recommendation development will also be critical. Successful candidates will have exceptional interpersonal skills and integrity.
- At least 8-10 years’ experience gained in an analytics/analytical consulting environment
- Strong communication skills in English (verbal, reading & writing) and Korean. Japanese will be a plus.
- Proficient in statistical computing/data mining software including SQL, SAS, R, Hadoop etc.
- Self-motivated, curious to understand/solve complex problems.
- Bachelor’s degree and above. Degrees in quantitative areas (Stats, Math, CS, etc.) in top notch school. MBA highly valued.
- Oversea work experiences will be highly valued.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: