Senior Strategic Sourcing ManagerSeoul, South Korea Requisition Number R0033942 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a global commerce leader where you can shape how the world buys, sells, and gives?
Where you’ll be supported in challenging convention, taking risks, and innovating? Where you’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago?
Where you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact for people across the globe?
We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
About the team:
Our team oversees all aspects of eBay’s finance, analytics, and information technology functions – including controllership, procurement, financial planning and analysis, tax, treasury, audit, mergers and acquisitions, and investor relations.
At eBay, we love data, so finance plays a critical role in establishing strategic focus, enabling growth, ensuring execution and driving efficiencies across the organization.
Description of Position:
- Strategic Sourcing Organization is responsible for ensuring eBay effectively and efficiently sources and procures products and services that deliver "best value" (required quality and service levels, at the lowest total cost in the market) results while building and sustaining mutually beneficial relationships with suppliers. eBay and its subsidiaries (in Korea – Auction Co., Gmarket & G9) are procuring goods and services primarily in the following categories: Internet Marketing, Telecommunications, Technology (Hardware, Software and Services), Shipping & Logistics, Human Resources, Product Development, Customer Service, Outsourcing and Facilities Management.
- This position will be part of eBay’s Global Strategic Sourcing Team. Annual spend for eBay in APAC exceeds several hundred million USD with a large percentage originating from Korea.
- You will be based in eBay Korea office to support the eBay’s Korea based businesses (Auction Co., Gmarket & G9).
- Develop and execute category sourcing and operational excellence-based integration strategies for the local businesses, while resolving how the best demonstrate eBay’s global footprint and partner relationships.
- Lead cross-functional teams in the execution of sourcing initiatives consistent with these strategies; Each step of our standard methodology sourcing methodology for specific initiatives consistent with the long-term strategy.
- Handle continuous improvement-based relationships that deliver mutually beneficial results for eBay and its suppliers.
- Support the corporate integration team on identifying and realizing harmony opportunities between the two businesses.
- Develop comprehensive long-term strategies for each spend category and gain internal partner consensus across all levels of the eBay organization, from working staff to senior executives.
- Concurrently lead cross functional teams in design and implementation of procurement processes and operational excellence.
- Perform rigorous analysis of historical eBay capital & expense spend and budgets, lead value analysis & engineering (VA / VE) assessments of eBay requirements, resolve supplier viability using supplier financial documents & third party data sources, build requirement-specific total cost of ownership models, conduct price and cost analysis of supplier proposals, lead cross-functional teams in the development of qualitative & quantitative criteria for source selection, resolve appropriate contract types & terms based on eBay requirements, effectively negotiate ethically and professionally based on facts, as well as establish service level agreements that hold suppliers accountable for performance.
- Facilitate quarterly business reviews (QBR's) with internal eBay functional clients and key suppliers using qualitative & quantitative performance measurements that drive mutually beneficial behaviors and results for both eBay and its suppliers.
- Develop and execute robust service delivery governance and risk frameworks to identify, handle and minimize financial, reputational and service delivery risks
- University education, Graduate or Master’s degree preferred.
- Over 12 Years of relevant work experience with Multi-National Company is preferred.
- Experience in Indirect Procurement, ideally with a focus on marketing services, technology, telecommunications, shipping & logistics and/or outsourcing. Experience in negotiating large complex services agreements in an international environment.
- Ability to quickly understand new business areas and build good working relationships with a diverse mix of colleagues and suppliers.
- Proven track record of being a self-starter, and the ability to work independently without constant guidance by manager.
- Report to Director, APAC Procurement, Global Strategic Sourcing & Procurement.
- Fluent in English and Korean, other Asian language skills would be a plus, especially Japanese.
- Certified Processional in Supply Management (CPSM) or equivalent is desirable.
- Ability to balance strategic and tactical objectives.
- Ability to work independently as well as in team-oriented approach
- Demonstrate ability to develop successful strategies, effectively execute the strategies and deliver results in dynamic conditions.
- Demonstrate ability to work with a range of technically and culturally diverse environments.
- Experience with continuous improvement tools and change management.
- Experience working in an international environment with a remote line manager.
- Motivation: Be ambitious, like to work hard, be highly motivated, and able to work in a fast-paced environment. share the senior management team’s vision of building an extraordinary, global sourcing organization. Intense work-hard, play-hard environment.
- Leadership: Proven track record of leadership, including mentoring, coaching, and the development of staff.
- Integrity: Has The highest standards of integrity reflected in all external and internal communications.
- Communication: Uncommon communicator in written, graphical and oral forms, with a reciprocal and flexible style.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies.
So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day.
We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.
To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: