Manager, Business Analytics 2Shanghai, China Requisition Number R0025273 Subsidiary eBay
The Managed Marketplaces (MMP) Analytics team is hiring an extremely talented, highly motivated and productive individual with expertise in the areas of business analytics, and data mining. Our team partner with the Greater China business to meet their analytic needs and conduct extensive analyses of eBay’s rich data, generating insights, and communicating insights to the clients to guide strategic roadmap. The team also works on techniques to manage and process large amount of data efficiently and effectively. Key tools & methods used in the group are SAS, SQL, Excel, Microstrategy, MS Office.
- Manage a team of 2-3 analysts and provide guidance on analytics framework and coaching on career development.
- Independently conduct complex analysis.
- Become subject-matter expert on shopping experiences at eBay
- Build out fact base through deep and innovative analysis of eBay's large and rich datasets
- Partner with BU to evaluate hypotheses for potential projects to improve the buyer experience
- Work cross-functionally with Information Management & Delivery (data/reporting infrastructure) teams to provide ad hoc analytic support for senior management
- Continue to evaluate existing business reporting and identify opportunities for improvement
- Work cross-functionality to tie Analytics output in to the work from other teams
- 8-10 years of analytics related experiences in the past.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficient in statistical computing/data mining software including SQL, SAS, R, Hadoop etc.
- 1-2 years of people management experiences.
- Self-motivated, curious to understand/solve complex problems.
- Bachelor’s degree and above. Degrees in quantitative areas (Stats, Math, CS, etc.) /MBA preferred.
The role is data and analytically intensive. Successful candidates will offer a strategic perspective, sound business judgment, deep analytical capabilities, and a collaborative working style. They will possess strong intellectual curiosity, and a passion for achieving practical business impact. Skills in problem definition, rigorous analysis, and recommendation development will also be critical. Successful candidates will have exceptional interpersonal skills, initiative and integrity.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: