MTS 1, Software EngineerShanghai, China Requisition Number R0029021 Subsidiary eBay
At eBay we deal with petabytes of data that is queried and transformed at a rapid basis - we do 100s of billions of queries per day and update billions of records. Data Platform & Engineering is to Build and operate a Secure, Highly Available, Fully Automated, Cloud Native Online, Streaming and Offline Data Platform to address these Data needs.
eBay Experimentation Platform enables eBay site product managers and marketing professionals to make business decision with evidence-based data-driven results instead of guesswork via flexible, reliable & high performance industry leading tracking & experimentation platform & data pipeline. We are looking for outstanding software engineers with strong development experience in building scalable big data solutions.
The ideal candidate will have strong understanding of relevant programming languages, databases, web protocols, design patterns, storage, and network. Exceptional problem solving abilities will be critical for success, as will be a focus on quality. In our environment, quality is everyone’s responsibility, passion is key, innovation and creativity is strongly encouraged. The successful candidate will participate in the entire life cycle of a product ranging from architecture through testing and production rollout.
- Design, Architect and Develop big data solutions to help product and business teams to make data driven decisions
- Lead end-to-end efforts to design, development and implementation data integration processes
- Implement complex big data projects with a focus on collecting, parsing, managing, analyzing and visualizing large sets of data to turn information into insights using multiple platforms.
- Build data processing applications with Hadoop and Spark using Java, Python or Scala should be common knowledge to the big data engineer.
- Analyze data with statistic, data mining technology.
- Mastering of data application development on Spark & Hadoop ecosystem
- Be proficient in designing efficient and robust data processing workflows;
- Strong software development background, mastering Java, Scala and Python
- Be experience with building data application with stream-processing
- Be able to tune Hadoop solutions to improve performance and end-user experience
- Experience with Machine Learning engineering on addressing rule big data problem will be a plus.
- Be able to work in teams and collaborate with others to clarify requirements
Be able to assist in documenting requirements as well as resolve conflicts or ambiguities.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: